Pickles and Crusher

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Just wait for it! @Yvonne G mentioned her 37 year old and 110 lb when she last weighed him Sulcata (I hope I got that right. I hope you are doing some major long range planning on your outdoor enclosure-think Castle like. LMFAO my wife would have murddle me if i would have gotten a Sulcata, besides my Russian acts just like her she will even admit this. Keep it up they look beautiful and What Awesome Names!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Just wait for it! @Yvonne G mentioned her 37 year old and 110 lb when she last weighed him Sulcata (I hope I got that right. I hope you are doing some major long range planning on your outdoor enclosure-think Castle like. LMFAO my wife would have murddle me if i would have gotten a Sulcata, besides my Russian acts just like her she will even admit this. Keep it up they look beautiful and What Awesome Names!

So my Sulcata acquisition began on the whim of a 4 year old.. being the responsible mom, I said NO.. I was over ruled by dad. I did a small amount of research and tried to explain the complexity of getting these animals (even before I knew just how much) but hubby was dead set on son having just what he wanted. Keep in mind that we do have land, horses, and many other animals that I take care of. Hence the nickname EllieMay.. so I acquired the first two. son named of course.. then the real research began and I became obsessed! I joined the forum and learned how to properly care for them.. also became exposed to just how many of them were acquired by people who are unaware or unprepared for long term.. so GAME ON for me. I don’t ever regret getting them.. but hubby might [emoji16]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I don’t know about you, but boy was that sunshine a nice break from the downpours we’ve been having.

Oh Yeah!!!! We have had so much rain that my electric fences quit working cause the ground rod was too saturated. And they’re down their 8’!!! I thoroughly took advantage of the niceness all weekend and stayed outdoors:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You're using the Shell Saver on both of them, aren't you? They're both so shiny! Such sweeties!

Yes! Crusher was showing signs of pyramiding and the shell saver was the only variable between the two. I couldn’t stand it. They are both so outgoing but I’m very surprised at how much smaller Crusher is now.