Pickles and Crusher

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Thank you! Hard to believe they were ever so tiny now. They both like their heads rubbed but don’t do a lot with the butt scratch yet... Toretto does all kind of crazy dancing for the front or back of his shell rubs. He will walk under my hand and wait for me to scratch him:) lol.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Thank you! Hard to believe they were ever so tiny now. They both like their heads rubbed but don’t do a lot with the butt scratch yet... Toretto does all kind of crazy dancing for the front or back of his shell rubs. He will walk under my hand and wait for me to scratch him:) lol.

How to you make them so friendly? Mine is so shy it’s hard to feed her mazuri. I have always tried not to make too much movement around her. I only pick her up to soak her. Do you touch them daily?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
How to you make them so friendly? Mine is so shy it’s hard to feed her mazuri. I have always tried not to make too much movement around her. I only pick her up to soak her. Do you touch them daily?

Oh yes.. and I’m not cautious with them at all. I take them out of their enclosure to soak and chatter to them while walking thru the house or pet on them. When the weather permits, I take them outside. I have always petted On Them and talked to them since day one. I guess they didn’t have a choice but to get used to it:)

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Oh yes.. and I’m not cautious with them at all. I take them out of their enclosure to soak and chatter to them while walking thru the house or pet on them. When the weather permits, I take them outside. I have always petted On Them and talked to them since day one. I guess they didn’t have a choice but to get used to it:)

Ok i’ll try to manipulate her more often. I think i’ll try to feed her one piece of mazuri everyday by hands even if it makes me wait steady like a stone with my arm extended for five minutes because she’s hidding in her shell.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok i’ll try to manipulate her more often. I think i’ll try to feed her one piece of mazuri everyday by hands even if it makes me wait steady like a stone with my arm extended for five minutes because she’s hidding in her shell.

I can’t say that I’m right for messing with mine all the time... they could turn out to be attack torts in a couple years??? I just don’t know how to be any other way with my critters. I have never had torts before so I just treat them like every other being around my house... I guess time will tell.....

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I can’t say that I’m right for messing with mine all the time... they could turn out to be attack torts in a couple years??? I just don’t know how to be any other way with my critters. I have never had torts before so I just treat them like every other being around my house... I guess time will tell.....
lol i wouldn't mind having attack torts! Your way seems to be working beautifuly

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yeah... they go all out [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Crusher self soaks and poos in his dish every morning so the afternoon enforced soak is just extra for him...
Pickles self soaks a lot too but he waits to poo in the tub.. LOL
Opo waits also to due the crime. When it starts floating around Opo wants out of the tub.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Pickles looks huge. S/He has overtaken Kang.

Lol! He is definitely the “smooth success” in the family [emoji23][emoji23]. I suspect Crusher is fixing to do a little catching up though.. His appetite has gotten pretty big lately.....[emoji16]