Picky eater tips!

John Franzwa

I've found a couple ways to help your tort switch over from Mazuri, what I discovered today helps is if you take the left over water from the Mazuri and drizzle it over the undesired foods, also ripping it up into little pieces and putting it on the food also helps!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
I've found a couple ways to help your tort switch over from Mazuri, what I discovered today helps is if you take the left over water from the Mazuri and drizzle it over the undesired foods, also ripping it up into little pieces and putting it on the food also helps!
I soak dry pellets in warm water, mash the up and stir into their chopped greens kinda like a salad dressing. I do it with every kind of pelleted food (i use 6-7 kinds interchangeably) except very small flat colorful flakes that are small enough for them to just crunch on and they love it! Kinda like chips for humans:$

John Franzwa

I soak dry pellets in warm water, mash the up and stir into their chopped greens kinda like a salad dressing. I do it with every kind of pelleted food (i use 6-7 kinds interchangeably) except very small flat colorful flakes that are small enough for them to just crunch on and they love it! Kinda like chips for humans:$

Ok I'll try it, thanks for the tip

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I can't even get Mazuri here in Jamaica so.....maybe it's all for the best, no need to worry. They do eat the turtle pellets sometimes.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I can't even get Mazuri here in Jamaica so.....maybe it's all for the best, no need to worry. They do eat the turtle pellets sometimes.
Same here: no food of any kind for torts in Jordan because they live in the wild. No market for such products here.

A very generous member at TFO sent me mazuri for Oli, from the USA!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Same here: no food of any kind for torts in Jordan because they live in the wild. No market for such products here.

A very generous member at TFO sent me mazuri for Oli, from the USA!
I don't understand this "no food of any kind for torts in Jordan because they live in the wild...". Can you explain this?

John Franzwa

I don't understand this "no food of any kind for torts in Jordan because they live in the wild...". Can you explain this?

It's probably because all of there natural food is there and they can just walk out and grabs some, or maybe because they don't want wild torts to eat pellets and become dependent on them. But I'm not sure!