Picky eaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beaver Falls, Pa
Im curious if this happens to anyone else. When I feed mazuri or tortoise food, or even veggies and fruits. My torts will not eat it unless it's broken into bite sized pieces or shredded so it's real thin like their greens. Is that normal. I always have to break it up and cut small. Drives me nuts cause I see others and their guys just chomp away on anything but I gotta do all this extra work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How big is your tort? For hatchlings, and even upto about a year or so most do cut it smaller. If they are large enough to be able to not have it chopped, stop chopping it. They will catch on and eat. I think, they may have you wrapped around their foot:D

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
No they are small. For mazuri though I see pics on here with small guys eating it. Mine refuse. It's all I have them for three days trying to get them to eat it. Not a single bite then crushed it up forth day and they are every bite. Plus extra greens. They were hungry little guys refusing what I gave them lol

I thought they were 8.5ISH they are only 6.5 ISH no exact date but got a close to

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you soaking the Mazuri? We soak it in water before feeding, specially for little ones. When you chop their food, which most of us do for little ones, make the chop bigger each time over about a week or so.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
Yep I soak it. Lol im not to worried im a chef so cutting doesn't kill me I can do it quickly. The idea was just driving me crazy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.