Pics from the reptile show! (very pic heavy, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
Ta-dah! I have brought you all pics! Just got home from the Orlando repticon and got the pics up here for you all to see. It was a great show! They had a lot of everything it seemed and I tried to get the best pics that I could (check out the last pic of my beardies new friend, lol). Enjoy!

A lot of cute babies there!
DSCN4690.jpg

I loved this dragons black eyes
DSCN4694.jpg

I think that this is one of my favorite pics that I got today!
DSCN4695.jpg

DSCN4696.jpg

2 very large boas
DSCN4697.jpg

Yaddle checking them out
DSCN4699.jpg

Love this close-up I got. I think it's shedding...
DSCN4700.jpg

Huge selection of turtles and tortoises
DSCN4703.jpg

Very pretty baby sulcatas
DSCN4704.jpg

Adult redfoot torotises. There were 6 tubs lined up there.
DSCN4705.jpg

DSCN4706.jpg

Hard to get a good picture of these Degus
DSCN4707.jpg

DSCN4709.jpg

DSCN4711.jpg

DSCN4714.jpg

pretty silkie beardie
DSCN4715.jpg

Horny toads!
DSCN4716.jpg

DSCN4718.jpg

Ewwwwwwww...... :p
DSCN4719.jpg

A huge pile of scorpions in the back corner...
DSCN4720.jpg

DSCN4721.jpg

DSCN4724.jpg

DSCN4726.jpg

These frogs look like gummy candy, lol.
DSCN4702.jpg

These blood snakes were slowly hatching. I kept walking by the table to see how far they got, lol.
DSCN4725.jpg

Yaddle's new alligator friend!
DSCN4731-Copy.jpg

As you can see I LOVE taking pictures. I think I might have gone a little pic crazy, lol.
Thank you for viewing and I hope you enjoyed! :cool:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just 2 questions, did things look like they were selling there, and did they let you bring in outside animals? the ones here in calfionia don't let you do that.
Great pics BTW>

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Thank you both :)

dmmj said:
Just 2 questions, did things look like they were selling there, and did they let you bring in outside animals? the ones here in calfionia don't let you do that.
Great pics BTW>
It looked like people were selling a lot, especially for a Sunday. I seen a lot of people walking around with the small plastic containers with a reptile inside. I just bought some hornworms and a Powersun. And yes, you can bring one of your own pets and walk around with them there. In the last picture that is my bearded dragon named Yaddle on top of the alligator. Any reptile show that is held by Repticon will allow you to bring your own in. Other shows by them are Crittercon and the F.I.R.Expo.

reticguy76

5 Year Member
wow, thats crazy (but kinda awesome) bringin blood pythons to hatch out at the show

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great pics, thanks for sharing. The pink and green candy looking frogs, do you know if they are dyed those colors like they used to dye fish?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Darn, I will be in Orlando Thursday and I missed it. Great pics.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Thank you everyone!

reticguy76 said:
wow, thats crazy (but kinda awesome) bringin blood pythons to hatch out at the show
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I don't know anything about hatching snakes. I thought that they would need some sort of heat sorce, but I could be wrong, lol.

I asked the guy about if the frogs were dyed or not and he wasn't sure. He said that he just bought them from another vendor the day before. (He really didn't have a lot of information about any of his animals there...).

Sorry it took me a while to write back. My internet was being a turd... :rolleyes:

EricIvins

5 Year Member
reticguy76 said:

Why? It attracts people, which is the purpose of vending at a Reptile show.......

I'll have Veiled Chameleons hatching at the Jacksonville show if the timing is right.......

mshine1217

5 Year Member
Deer Lodge, MT
"Gummy Frogs" ;-) I wouldn't buy them, but they do look cool. Did anyone attend the show in Las Vegas?
Thanks for sharing the photos, you can never take too many.

jason g.

5 Year Member
drgnfly2265 said:
Thank you everyone!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I don't know anything about hatching snakes. I thought that they would need some sort of heat sorce, but I could be wrong, lol.

I asked the guy about if the frogs were dyed or not and he wasn't sure. He said that he just bought them from another vendor the day before. (He really didn't have a lot of information about any of his animals there...).

Sorry it took me a while to write back. My internet was being a turd... :rolleyes:

Argentine horned toad or pacman frog. I had one for 2 years. They are very cool. They can eat another frog 3/4 there own size. I wouldn't keep them together. My bad I'm talking about the frogs in the 3rd pic

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I noticed the Ceratophrys too. They were sizing each other up to see who would eat who first. I had a two inches try to eat me once. He grabbed my finger and started swallowing his way up. I felt my finger go into his stomach and he had to stop when he reached the point where my finger attaches to my hand. If I hadn't pulle dim off I think he would have just hung there indefinitely and digested my finger...

Thanks for the pics!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yes thanks for the pics, did they have prices posted? Or do you have to ask?
Curious what the torts were going for, especially the babies.
Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.