Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Redfoot NERD said:
JustAnja said:
Hey Terry what do you think of these two? Im going to look at them here locally on Friday. I havent gotten the plastron/tail shots yet so I dont know sexes. The bigger one is supposed to be around 8yrs and the smaller one around 4 yrs. Any ideas on localities? (she is selling them very cheap, only reason Im going to look at them lol)

By the way, *Chucky* your redfoots looks amazing! Great pictures!

Anja.. what can I say? However you have asked..

To me they look a little rough.. see the condition of their beaks, etc. and the strange growth "spurt" ( indicated by the 'white' between the scutes ) of their carapace! Beware of cheap!?

They may be from the Colombia region.. based on their colors.

I have other thoughts I'd rather not post.. you are welcome to call if you like.

Terry

I will see them in person on Friday. The girl has only had them 1 year so her care could have caused the growth spurt. I dont think its irreversible though. I will try to call tomorrow, im in the middle of feeding snakes and trying to get to bed.

Thanks for your input.

I know you would rather see me purchase from you, but these are local with no shipping and of course I would hate to see them end up in the wrong hands and not be taken care of properly. She also has a 1.5yr old Sulcata, but I offered to find someone down south to adopt it but she wants $150 for it. Oh well I cant take them all in ya know? (plus I really dont have patience to raise hatchlings, whether they be snakes or torts!)

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon
The first pics I posted in this thread showed a couple pics of my redfoot enclosure with the lights on in the room. I just wanted to make sure that people with redfoots did not misunderstand how the enclosure is actually supposed to be concerning light. Here is a picture with the lights turned off and only the light over the feeding area.

noflash-s.jpg

Just a reminder, the hide is 10' away from the light and is in almost total darkness.

Hope this clarifies everything. Oh, and that light over the feeding area is a plant/aquarium light and NOT a UVB light.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
cvalda said:
See 'em yet, Anja?!?!??!?!!

I picked up both of them, the smaller I am pretty positive is a female and almost certain the bigger one is too. The smaller is a little light weight and has a lumpy shell but I think she will be just fine. They are soaking right now and I will post pics in a bit. I also ended up bringing home an adult female Ball Python from the same lady just because. lol I dont really keep Balls but it was a good deal so we brought her home.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
You don't keep balls, huh!?!

Anyways, YAY on them! I hope they ARE girls!!!! Can't wait for pics!!!!!!

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
What a lovely Redfoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.