Pics of my enclosure !

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Nice work.
Most people don't realize that it gets hotter in parts of South Carolina than in south Florida.
Did you find that bamboo locally?
I used to find it growing wild in an area of York county.

Quadro

SC
Nice work.
Most people don't realize that it gets hotter in parts of South Carolina than in south Florida.
Did you find that bamboo locally?
I used to find it growing wild in an area of York county.
Thank you ! Yeah found it when they was tearing down a restaurant so the man said I can have what I needed I didn’t realize how tall it was lol until you had to cut it down . Then I took a hatchet to cut off all the stems phew but I’m pleased with it . And that’s where they are most of the time of course we do the shade cloth wants it gets past a certain temp on part of the enclosure .

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thank you ! Yeah found it when they was tearing down a restaurant so the man said I can have what I needed I didn’t realize how tall it was lol until you had to cut it down . Then I took a hatchet to cut off all the stems phew but I’m pleased with it . And that’s where they are most of the time of course we do the shade cloth wants it gets past a certain temp on part of the enclosure .
Redfoot LOVE the shade

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
I love this enclosure!! Do you think the redfoots will eat all the hibiscus leaves before it can grow huge, or maybe the redfoots can't reach all the leaves? I'd put a wire cage around them for a few months until they get big, but that's just a preference and again this is an amazing enclosure. Well done!!!

Quadro

SC
I love this enclosure!! Do you think the redfoots will eat all the hibiscus leaves before it can grow huge, or maybe the redfoots can't reach all the leaves? I'd put a wire cage around them for a few months until they get big, but that's just a preference and again this is an amazing enclosure. Well done!!!
Thanks for the compliments I tried really hard to make it an enrichment kind of enclosure and safe. I have two dogs so I doubled wire so it’s two layers thick and the shade cloth I did is so it gives it a forest canopy look some patches of sunlight spot the enclosure yes I found out the hard way lol that anything within neck stretching reach is destroyed. I did hibiscus trees on inside too they couldn’t reach those but the low bushes no chance . So I will get more trees this year an plant inside in pots over winter or bushes to have next year and going to experiment with vacuum sealing flowers and leaves to see if they live to have extra through winter but I’ll have to wait once I buy them to grow out of anything unsafe they were planted in . And I think I want to build it bigger but it will be a gradual process those boards aren’t cheap I was looking for my picture of my one females she climbed on one bush to push a limb down to break it and proceeded to eat all the leaves off very cool to see how they forage . But here are some others I took the elephant ears in the enclosure didn’t have boards around them now they do lol.

Attachments

• BE873080-2EAF-4556-AC0F-872B2DD0E90A.jpeg
    BE873080-2EAF-4556-AC0F-872B2DD0E90A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • D3C7281B-CA55-491A-A2E7-2414AFD5A388.jpeg
    D3C7281B-CA55-491A-A2E7-2414AFD5A388.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 93E60A44-F6FC-45D1-94F8-6300F7E17350.jpeg
    93E60A44-F6FC-45D1-94F8-6300F7E17350.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8