Pics of My Hybiscus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Crazy1 said:
This one was a surprise don't know the name it was untagged – not quite a double
DSCF5004.jpg

This is a nice light pink- again don't know the name also untagged - only 4 plants to go I think
DSCF5006.jpg

36_12_201.gif
I surrender.. Robyn is the new "QUEEN" of Hibiscus pics!

I do however have "Double Purple and Double Pink" to bloom soon..

BOWDOWN-1.gif
.. Robyn

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Aw Shucks, I don't think so. I lucked out with these little gems. most of my plants are in pots some as small as 1 gal. or less and yes I am getting a blossom or two per plant here and their. But Terry I have to say you are by far The Hibiscus man. And don't even get me started as to your beautiful close ups. Can't wait to see your DP and DPs. I am just thrilled I can grow them and provide them for my torts. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks Isa I am looking forward to seeing what I have that hasn't bloomed. Its kinda like waiting to open a present, only it decides when it will open. :p

jhdez1998

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Citrus Heights, Ca
I love Hybiscus & Hollyhocks here is my favorite one!

5u23ps.jpg

20f6v11.jpg

i have several red & pink also have a peach one

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Josey ...beautiful pictures. Mine is like yours only red. It is the only one that bloomed, so far. I love that deep pink color. I think I would like a blouse that color. (me..always thinking about shopping)

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
I scored a nice young Hibiscus plant with a ton of buds on it this morning at the farmers market for $10. They had cold tolerant varieties and the blooms are the size of a large salad plate. Best of all they are all organic! No pesticides or chemicals used to I dont have to worry about waiting 6 months and I can feed the torts some flowers when they bloom next week. :) I forgot the name of this variety, I will have to look at the tag. I will definitely post pics when they bloom, a couple of them are close and the blooms look dark purple.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Nice color Josey, are hollyhocks OK for torts to eat?
Anja looking forward to seen the blooms of that one you just got.
I got a couple more. I think they are like torts now for me-can't resist But they haven't bloomed yet. Pics when they do.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Crazy1 said:
Nice color Josey, are hollyhocks OK for torts to eat?
Anja looking forward to seen the blooms of that one you just got.
I got a couple more. I think they are like torts now for me-can't resist But they haven't bloomed yet. Pics when they do.

Yea Im a total Sedum and succulent junkie too. Im always looking for new ones, especially ones that can be used for tort food!!

Pesky Fly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The Moon
Yea, this may be dumb but, I am new to torts and I was just wondering what part of that plant can they eat? My mom has some in her garden.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Pesky Fly, Hibiscus can be fed to all torts they eat the leaves as well as the flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.