pics of my new redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

stena29

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Porterville ca
I have been told she is a he. Lol. But here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMAG2151.jpg
    IMAG2151.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMAG2159.jpg
    IMAG2159.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG2162.jpg
    IMAG2162.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG2163.jpg
    IMAG2163.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 56

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
If you can post a picture of his plastron we give you a definite answer! How long is he/she?

stena29

5 Year Member
Porterville ca
Mgridgaway said:
If you can post a picture of his plastron we give you a definite answer! How long is he/she?

Not anymore then 7 inches long. They said two years old.

Attachments

• IMAG2160.jpg
    IMAG2160.jpg
    965.9 KB · Views: 48

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Actually, going by the tail, and assuming it's 6-7" long and old enough to show, I would say female. Male tails are much longer and thicker, and they usually keep them wrapped inside their leg socket.

More importantly, you definitely have some shell rot going on. Those white spots need to be treated asap. Buy some betadine (or the generic povidine iodine, same stuff and cheaper) and apply to the plastron twice a day for two days. Use a soft brush (like a toothbrush) to help brush away the rot and get the povidone iodine in every crevice. Follow this up with a week of anti-fungal foot cream with Clotrimazole in it (I picked up a generic from Walmart for less than $2). Don't skip the antifungal! I did the first time and within a month or two the shell rot came back.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Congrats! Very handsome looking rf with an extremely unique head pattern.

stena29

5 Year Member
Porterville ca
Mgridgaway said:
Actually, going by the tail, and assuming it's 6-7" long and old enough to show, I would say female. Male tails are much longer and thicker, and they usually keep them wrapped inside their leg socket.

More importantly, you definitely have some shell rot going on. Those white spots need to be treated asap. Buy some betadine (or the generic povidine iodine, same stuff and cheaper) and apply to the plastron twice a day for two days. Use a soft brush (like a toothbrush) to help brush away the rot and get the povidone iodine in every crevice. Follow this up with a week of anti-fungal foot cream with Clotrimazole in it (I picked up a generic from Walmart for less than $2). Don't skip the antifungal! I did the first time and within a month or two the shell rot came back.

Wow thank you for pointing that out. I would of never thought that. I did everything you said to do. Hopefully it gets better. I touched it and its a little mooshy

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Cute, here's Big-Momma =-]
BigMomma.jpg

Wait till the little red foot gets this big =]

Status
Not open for further replies.