Pics of my Yvonne G baby....

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
I have been negligent in sharing pictures of the baby I got from @Yvonne G . So, here they are. I have had this little guy a little over four months. It would have been longer but s/he was a little escape artist and Yvonne erm... misplaced her/him for a bit :)

Anyway, this is Stamps.

IMG_20140818_144324 (800x600).jpg IMG_20140818_144337 (800x600).jpg IMG_20140818_144339 (800x600).jpg IMG_20140818_144427 (800x600).jpg IMG_20140818_144505 (800x600).jpg IMG_20140818_144604 (800x600).jpg

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Looking good.
Kelly I will take some pics of the two I got from you soon. One of them is growing huge while the other one, which was small to begin with, is not growing much at all. Healthy as a horse and eats like a pig so I am not worried.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Stamps is simply beautiful and I like the name. :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Kelly I will take some pics of the two I got from you soon. One of them is growing huge while the other one, which was small to begin with, is not growing much at all. Healthy as a horse and eats like a pig so I am not worried.
Awesome. Yeah I'd love to see them. I never hear back from ones I sell to people. Hopefully they're all still alive.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know what you mean, Kelly. Its great to see how your babies are turning out. I love Stamps' coloration. He's lookin' good.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
1 Cici.jpg @tortadise Here are the three I got from you. two Leos are Cici (the big one) and Ninety-nine (the little one with spots that look like 9's) The Sulcata is Nemo because when I got him from you he had a pale orange face like Nemo or Dexter. I went with Nemo.

Attachments

• 1 Nemo.jpg
    1 Nemo.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 20

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
You can really tell they are yours and that they were raised right before I got them. The others I have have pretty significant pyramiding despite being raised in the exact same environment. These three are fairly smooth with only mild pyramids. I can't figure out why. They are soaked a ton and their house is so humid it bleeds into my living room and makes the entire place humid.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sometimes it has to do with the way they were raised right after hatching. I have no idea if this would have been different between them or no. They all are still cuties.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
You can really tell they are yours and that they were raised right before I got them. The others I have have pretty significant pyramiding despite being raised in the exact same environment. These three are fairly smooth with only mild pyramids. I can't figure out why. They are soaked a ton and their house is so humid it bleeds into my living room and makes the entire place humid.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Sometimes it has to do with the way they were raised right after hatching. I have no idea if this would have been different between them or no. They all are still cuties.
I believe you are correct. All of my Leopards were raised in high humidity. I have 1 from Yvonne, 2 from Kelly and 2 from Greg T. My Sulcatas are all unknown origin with the exception of this guy I got from Kelly. I know two of them are from an outfit in Mississippi but that is all. the other four are really bumpy and raised in the same enclosure as this guy. he has some pyramiding but not nearly as much as the other four. Don' t get me wrong, they are all great looking torts and will be amazing one day. I just wish I could figure them out. Soaked four times a week, humidity is EXTREME in their table. All ten are raised in the exact same environment. Same temp (85 - 105 day time and 80 - 85 at night) and the humidity is not measured but substrate is nice and wet and the humidity is maintained with a low fan driven heater with water containers all around it. I would say in the 80 - 90%. My entire living room is humid from it.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
View attachment 92448 @tortadise Here are the three I got from you. two Leos are Cici (the big one) and Ninety-nine (the little one with spots that look like 9's) The Sulcata is Nemo because when I got him from you he had a pale orange face like Nemo or Dexter. I went with Nemo.
They look great. 99 that's funny.

Can you pick them out when they were wee tiny?
image.jpg

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Here are the other four....

Rollo....1 Rollo.jpg

Razor...1 Razor.jpg

Taco....1Taco.jpg

...and Nacho...1 Nacho.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I don't think they are in this group unless they changed quite a bit. I got these two from the show on July 13th 2013.
You may be right. I'll keep looking. But that's the fun with leopards. All look so different as time goes on. I love the one you got from Yvonne too. Super cool.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
They look great. 99 that's funny.

Can you pick them out when they were wee tiny?
View attachment 92458
Top left looks like Cici and the bottom right looks like 99. Those are not them, but very similar.

You may be right. I'll keep looking. But that's the fun with leopards. All look so different as time goes on. I love the one you got from Yvonne too. Super cool.
The group I got them from was about half and half really dark ones and really light ones. I mean REALLY dark. 99 was almost all black and Cici was a little ghost and you could hardly see her markings unless you were close up. They have switched in the last year. 99 is light and Cici is dark.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Kelly, your Mom told me they were hatched on or about May 17th if that helps?