Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I added a couple new fake plants to the hatchling enclosure today

1072lo8.jpg

and you know what, little Maui could have cared less. She meandered back to her moss corner,
2hi9wmw.jpg

xnzz8p.jpg

and after just a few minutes of looking for the right spot, promptly hid herself in the moss.

Kiwi was even less excited about her new hide than Maui was about the plants. Kiwi just had to sniff out the new place and see if it was to her liking.
juzjgx.jpg

and it wasn't,

2hsc85x.jpg

well, at least not at first...
a170uf.jpg

and not for long either
2uojvy9.jpg

Afterwards she proceeded to crawl into the middle her old half log (not pictured sadly) which was set to the side, stand up as high as she could, and start to carry the hide across the enclosure. Needless to say, she was a bit worried about the new hide. Stinks that I'd already put the camera away...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Your enclosure is great, but maybe you need bigger hides. They should be able to turn around in the hide and have some room to dig also. Just a suggestion.....

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!!

I'm looking at the pictures of the hide for Kiwi and it looks smaller in the pictures than it is in real life. I'll post a couple more pictures up when I get the chance and try to show the actual size and get your opinion on it. There's enough room for her to get completely inside and she was digging in the moss last night. I've seen her turn around in it, so I think it's more of a bad angle on the picture than anything else. I'll take some more pictures and post them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.