pictures of enclosures and pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

5 Year Member
Is there a thread with pictures accumulated of indoor and outdoor enclosures from members to easily scroll through? Maybe it could be added to the top as an important thread(?) Just wondering. Looking to get ideas to improve ours. Thanks.

Mel

5 Year Member
Okay so if I resized correctly and got lucky here is a pic of our Yellow Foot's outdoor pen. We are getting some new soil tomorrow as we had a good bit of rain and didn't realize it would flood. We need to replace the soil originally removed. Anyone have suggestions on improving it? I'm wondering if we should put a shade cloth frame over it. The smaller pen next to it is for our Salcutas.

Attachments

• IMG_4352 (500x375).jpg
    IMG_4352 (500x375).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4351 (375x500).jpg
    IMG_4351 (375x500).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 171

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
I think I could offer a pic or 2 for outdoor enclosures to the Gallery.... or at least show off The Bunker as it is being called (very appropriatly I might add!)

My indoor Vivarium tho needs tweeking!

Mel

5 Year Member
Okay so that's four of us. Does a Mod need to start it? How can we suggest it? Check out my pen for any advice to improve it please. Thanks. Mel

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have a Photo Gallery, but there isn't a heading in the gallery just for enclosures. I'll ask Josh to add it. Then we all can add our enclosures to it. Give it a week or so.

Up at the top of each page it says: Forums, Portal, Search, Guidelines, TFO store, Photo Gallery, member list, etc.

Mel

5 Year Member
Anybody able to do this or should we just start a thread that is easy to search?

Here's another pen for my smaller Salcatas. I added a pool for them. Tip: I had to add mini slabs of stone to make crawling out easier because one of them flipped themselves in the water without it while trying to get out.

Attachments

• IMG_4820.JPG
    IMG_4820.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 137

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
This is moose's house, it was fine when he was a little small but he is big enough to get out now. Almost every other day he gets out.

Found the idea on this forum last year.

Attachments

• DSCN1829.JPG
    DSCN1829.JPG
    761.9 KB · Views: 116

Mel

5 Year Member
There have been a lot of hits on this post perhaps everyone could share their ideas and pics right here.

Mel

5 Year Member
ascott said:

So I coulodn't quite get the link to work but I googled Kennel tortoise enclosure and found dog fenced kennels being used. I have an unused dog run across the back yard. My husband should be able to turn it into several pens for the various tortoises. See pic I found.

Attachments

• dog run tortoise enclosure.jpg
    dog run tortoise enclosure.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.