Pictures of my 4 younger redfoots/Cherryheads ~ 1year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
I thought I would share some photos of my 4 younger Redfoots/Cherryheads. They are all ~ 1 year old, and all around 3" SCL. One of them was sick at one point where his plastron was almost transparent. Thankfully with a vet trip and some antibiotics, he has made a great recovery. Some of you might have remembered my thread about him.

My camera is really finicky, so I was able to get some nice photos during feeding time, but unfortunately one tortoise's photos are not the best.

The 2 Redfoots are siblings and are amazing in their color. Super orange necks, Super orange legs, and they are both starting to marble. One of these is the previously mentioned tort that was sick.

#1 Redfoot

Here is Redfoot #2 which was the sick one, he is slightly smaller due to his sick time. He is also starting to marble.

Here are the 2 Cherryheads. Unfortunately, for one of them, the camera just wouldn't stay focused as I would've liked.

Cherryhead #1

Cherryhead #2

Finally, a hilarious picture of Redfoot #1 climbing straight up, while Cherryhead #2 sleeps!! By the way, the Redfoot "almost" made it to the top..almost!!

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Thanks!! I recently switched to a more "active" substrate with soil, some reptibark and spagnum moss also, so they are a little dirty.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Thanks!

We are so grateful that the sick tortoise survived...If you were to find the thread where I showed his plastron, even thought the camera doesnt capture it completely, it is very different looking. In reality, it was almost transparent.

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Thanks! I have never really seen the neck colors like these two siblings have. Very orange. They also have orange skin on parts of their back legs, and almost solid orange legs. The fact that they are marbling is just an added bonus!!

Allegraf- I also like the red neck colors some of yours have too!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
You have some nice looking redfoots! The first two have very unique neck coloration and it will be interesting to see them as adults. I'm also glad to see the sick one has made a recovery.

Keep posting pictures of your group, they're amazing!

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Thanks Chris!

Yeah, the neck colors are crazy. I have never seen something like it before (not that I've seen a ton of animals). The marbling is also starting to really come in, in comparison to my cherryheads where there is no visible marbling yet.

I would like to take more pictures but it's a hassle since my camera will get into perfect focus, and then just barely move out of focus. Very frustrating when you know you had a great shot and its not as clear as it should've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.