Pink around my tortoises ear

Eve0810

Location (City and/or State)
London
Can anyone please help and tell me what the pink marks around his ear are? And if it’s anything to worry about? He’s still very active and eating but just concerned as They haven't always been like that
Thanks

Attachments

• E0383B52-7DFA-4D09-A33B-38CD1960C04A.jpeg
    E0383B52-7DFA-4D09-A33B-38CD1960C04A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Can anyone please help and tell me what the pink marks around his ear are? And if it’s anything to worry about? He’s still very active and eating but just concerned as They haven't always been like that
Thanks
Could it be a bruised area ? -is there any chance he could have fallen or got stuck somewhere and knocked himself about a bit, getting out ?
Angie

Eve0810

Location (City and/or State)
London
Could it be a bruised area ? -is there any chance he could have fallen or got stuck somewhere and knocked himself about a bit, getting out ?
Angie
He has been trying to get out lately so it could be that, he has it on both sides, one side more red than the other

zolasmum

5 Year Member
He has been trying to get out lately so it could be that, he has it on both sides, one side more red than the other
It might be worth checking his enclosure to make sure there isn't any rough area that he could have rubbed his head against. Or is there anything that might irritate his eyes so that he is trying to rub them with his arm? I wipe Zola's eyes every day with a cottonwool pad and boiled cold water.
I am not an expert, but I think it may well be something in his environment, rather than anything wrong with him.
Angie