Placement of CHE

cheerios586

Location (City and/or State)
Graham, Washington
Hi, I've purchased a CHE for Yoshi, her cold spot where she sleeps has been getting down in the 60's so thought I should warm her area up a bit. I placed the CHE in the center of her enclosure with a thermostat set at 80 degrees. The probe is placed at the colder end of her enclosure next to her box/house she likes to sleep in. I have basking lights placed at both ends for day time, one end is about 85-90 and the other end during the day is 75-80 degrees. Her UVB light runs across her entire enclosure along the path she uses mostly.

My questions is how low to the floor should the CHE be? Or does that depend on how well it works? Attached is a pic of the enclosure. Thanks a bunch for all your help. CherylYoshi's enclosure.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Cheryl.

Every enclosure is a little different, so only your thermometer can really answer this. In some large enclosures, its necessary to run two CHEs to spread the heat out enough and into the corners.

Remind us what species Yoshi is?

cheerios586

Graham, Washington
Hi Cheryl.

Every enclosure is a little different, so only your thermometer can really answer this. In some large enclosures, its necessary to run two CHEs to spread the heat out enough and into the corners.

Remind us what species Yoshi is?
Yoshi is a Russian tortoise. At night her enclosure with the CHE is 71.6 degrees at the far end, 85 degrees in the middle, and 68.8 in her sleeping area. Is this sufficient for night time?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yoshi is a Russian tortoise. At night her enclosure with the CHE is 71.6 degrees at the far end, 85 degrees in the middle, and 68.8 in her sleeping area. Is this sufficient for night time?
Russian tortoises need a night drop in temp. Down into the 60s is ideal.