Places to buy Indian Star Tortoises

YukdaTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
California
At this point I look at different tortoise species and fall in love with them but this time it is a Indian Star tortoise and I was wondering if there are any good tortoise breeders who sell captive bred Indian Star tortoises and have good prices if so please suggest them to me

Ps.I know it is not good to just like one thing and then go to another but I can't help it when it comes to tortoises!??

Aloysius Taschse

Mainly Texas
I'm not really experienced in this field, but there are a few people on this forum that might sell Indian Stars. The one that I thought of first is Tom and he might have some. There are also plenty of other TFO people that you can message. They are plenty of places to go and buy tortoises, but underground reptiles and other ones that seem a bit suspicious are not okay, and sell diseased torts. Good luck on your search!

YukdaTortoise

California
Thank you for the advice! I'll try to look but on Google if you go further the fourth page then you can't find anything except for stuff just repeating itself

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
FYI, Indian stars are a species better suited for experienced keepers, being somewhat delicate. If it is the appearance of them that has your eye, consider a Burmese star tortoise instead - they look similar, but have a more outgoing personality and are less delicate. They will both do great if you care for them properly. Either way, buy direct from a breeder who starts them well, NOT a reseller you find on google. It is worth waiting to make sure you get a healthy hatchling.

@Tom just hatched a bunch of Burmese stars. I know we have a few very good Indian star breeders here too, but I don't know who might have hatchlings available right now.

YukdaTortoise

California
Good to know, if I know myself I usually just jump to conclusion which isn't good, Thank you for the advice!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good to know, if I know myself I usually just jump to conclusion which isn't good, Thank you for the advice!
Here are the stars Steve spoke of:
IMG_2153.JPG
They just hatched over the last few days.

Here is the care info for this species:

Here is the thread I made showing them hatching: