Plani and Brygooi

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Your more than worthy Anthony. They are great species. I find them easier than other PA species.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't think I've seen these. So, Kelly, how many species do you have? You keep popping up with ones I don't remember, I've lost track:)

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
tortadise said:
Your more than worthy Anthony. They are great species. I find them easier than other PA species.

That's great to hear!

I think this "off-season" season will be my start toward saving for planicauda. That really is the only species I don't have that I really hope to work with one day. Other than that, I have only one species I currently keep that I NEED more of, since I just have the lone animal at this time.

I already know what I want to use for an enclosure for them. Hopefully with some saving, time, and persistence, I can actually make it happen.

Cool to hear that these guys are easier to keep. The arachnoides I keep have been very straight forward. I actually like how correlated their behavior is with rainfall, and their winter dormancy just makes spring that much more exciting!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
wellington said:
Don't think I've seen these. So, Kelly, how many species do you have? You keep popping up with ones I don't remember, I've lost track:)

Ummmm I dont know. LOL. 28 or 30. I will have to put paper and pen to it.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Oh my gosh!

I have 13 species currently, which is way too much for me. I do not intend to keep anything that isn't meant to be bred, and right now I have 4 species with only one representative animal in my possession. That is not cool.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Wow! I have a fascination with obtaining various species, and I'm trying to talk myself out of a new more, vs building more enclosures.

If you have anything you'd like rehomed to a complete OCD nerd, PM me and I might be interested.
I'm documenting activity, diet, environment, etc etc daily.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Anthony P said:
Oh my gosh!

I have 13 species currently, which is way too much for me. I do not intend to keep anything that isn't meant to be bred, and right now I have 4 species with only one representative animal in my possession. That is not cool.

well I keep a minimum of a 5.5 of each species. Or at least try too. Some have been harder to keep those ratios, and some I dont feel the need to keep that ratio. Like radiata for instance. They are way overpriced for me to make any sort of ratios like that. But everything else is in a 5.5 or greater.

Sandy I always have many adoptions to home for sure.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Kinda waking up. After a soak, and some spray down this weekend they became a little more active.

baseballturtle48

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Gorgeous! ! Like everyone else, planicauda is on my list... after I win the lottery. lol I'm trying to move towards breeding groups of fewer species, like Anthony. I currently keep 18 species, which is too many! It's hard to part with turtles I've raised from hatchlings, though.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Here yah Jan. Its a lot of work taking care of as many species we have. I enjoy every second though.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very, Very beautiful thing. I Love it! ! !

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Anthony P said:
Oh my gosh!

Managed to get down to 14 species in 2013!

My brygooi finally went dormant mid Dec.