Plant ID’s: Safe for Feeding?

tortoiseplanet

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I have a good abundance of these 3 unknown plants I my backyard. Wondering if I can feed some to my tortoises. Anyone know what they may be?

Plant #1
IMG_2164.jpgIMG_2165.jpgIMG_2168.jpg

Plant #2
IMG_2162.jpgIMG_2163.jpg

Plant #3
(What kind of mint is this)?
IMG_2161.jpg

tortoiseplanet

Earth
5 more... I know.. my backyard is a jungle.. lol

Plant #4
IMG_2172.jpg

Plant #5
IMG_2173.jpg

Plant #6
IMG_2174.jpg

Plant #7
IMG_2175.jpg

Plant #9
IMG_2176.jpgIMG_2177.jpg

Any ideas on any of these plants?

Bambam1989

East Texas
Ok let me see if I can help. Although I always recommend you look up and compare the plants to their possible names because I am not an expert.
1. It looks like it may be Garlic Mustard. If so, it's safe.
2. Boston Ivy? I would call it a NO feed.
3. I'm not good at telling the difference but most torts won't eat them. Someone else may be able to help.
4. probably Burclover. Safe.
5. This looks like some kind of Daisy. Once again, someone with more experience can help ID the variety.
6. ?
7. Is it a different color of 6?
8. Hmm we skipped 8.
9.??

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I agree on the ivy and the burclover.

I’d say plain old spearmint but like Bambam says, your tortoise probably won’t eat it. Safe it for yourself!

The white and purple flowered plants are African daisies, I think. A do not feed in the Tortoise Table.

Are the last two pictures of the same plant, the one with yellow flowers? I believe that’s yellow bush daisy. I can’t find a reference to its safety, other than learning that while it’s In the same plant family as African daisies it’s not in the same tribe or genus. So not necessarily bad but you’ll need someone with more background to say whether it’s safe.