Plant Questions (Pics, long)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Have a few plants that I am not sure about. I have looked through many sites and have found conflicting answers on what's safe& edible. He/she is a 4" red foot tort. The enclosure will have a lid before he is left to roam unattended :)

the enclosure
e0d56f17.jpg

The "rock cave"
c9cf304f.jpg

1st questionable plant is a daylily I have a couple of different colors planted but this is the only one in bloom
356f9032.jpg

I read that petunias were ok any objections? Color preference?for some reason my camera made them purple

6b608de7.jpg

This is a dandelion that came from whole foods not your average weed I believe it's called a red dandelion anyone ever use it?
3b2ae30e.jpg

I would like to add a shrub that stays 2ft or smaller that is tortoise safe any suggestions? I have this potted shrub thing I have no idea what it's called would it be safe to use?

8a0a3949.jpg

My mom calls this bees balm but I thought it was salvia, safe or no?
443fc1d3.jpg

For fun A pic. of him exploring :)
b67b7c5e.jpg

Also are squash plants, basil and cucumbers ok to grow in his enclosure?
Other plants are
Rose of Sharon tree
Hosta
Strawberries
Centipede grass? It's our normal lawn not planted but I left a patch of it.
Kale
Some lettuces
The kale sprouts and lettuces maybe eaten before they can really grow.

Sorry so many questions I just want to be safe!

Thanks

expo tort

5 Year Member
The stuff you called bees palm looks a great deal like fox glove.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
your shrub if the leaves are thin and not waxy looks like a Nadina? Just guessing though... I have it in my Eastern's pen but not with my RF's. He uses it for cover...I think they would try to eat it. They are good at sampling all of the plants.

Toot

5 Year Member
USA
expo tort said:
The stuff you called bees palm looks a great deal like fox glove.
I don't think its not fox's glove, its only about 10-12 inches tall

DixieParadise said:
your shrub if the leaves are thin and not waxy looks like a Nadina? Just guessing though... I have it in my Eastern's pen but not with my RF's. He uses it for cover...I think they would try to eat it. They are good at sampling all of the plants.

Yes, Heavenly bamboo (Nandina) that's it! So far the only plant our RF has eaten is the hosta and he seems to really love them :) I guess I will pass on having it in his enclosure just to be safe.

Thanks All

Status
Not open for further replies.