Plant Recommendations for Indoor Enclosure

GreenFire719

Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina, USA
Hey guys, I wanted some suggestions for plants to put in Zonder’s enclosure, preferably close to plants in his natural habitat. He is also a chronic snacker so something hardy and healthy is preferred. I’m starting some grass trays to put in there but wanted to add some larger plants for him. Let me know what you guys recommend or use in your enclosures!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
There are some great seed mixes on tortoisesupply.com if you want to grow your own. Optuna cactuses, spider plants, some ferns, pothos if your tortoises doesn’t eat too much, wandering Jew, and wheat grass (sold as cat grass) are also great.

solidsounds17

Inglewood, Ca
Both. I wanted to add some plants in there for some enrichment, but also wouldn’t be too mad if he munched on them.
Well as someone stated above, tortoisesupply.com has great seed mixes that you can get based on the species that you have and you can choose to grow them inside the enclosure or separately. From personal experience, my tortoise tends to eat them as they grow so I grow some on the side.
if you want decoration, I would go for succulents to make the enclosure look nice.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
my pathos loves my leos enclosure. Its already started to grow more roots and I could split it into 2 plants right now if I wanted to