Planting seeds in cage.

yillt

I think that my tortoise table needs some more colour and decoration. I was thinking of planting plants in there. What type would be good and which are poisonous ? My tort is marginated. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704571.413273.jpg
This is his cage.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704612.931159.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704623.576896.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704638.705199.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704649.934221.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704663.003541.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399704672.990411.jpg
These are just extra random pics. Hope you enjoy them. :) : )

Last edited:

yillt

Thanks. I can't buy that as I live in the UK but I'm sure they have an English version.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Thanks. I can't buy that as I live in the UK but I'm sure they have an English version.

Yilt, Shelled Warriors sell seed mixes but if you just look up and edible plants, http://www.tortoiselady.co.uk/page6.htm like this, you can buy seeds to grow yourself on eBay, B & Q, Wilkinson's, or any garden centre.
Alternatively, which I do sometimes, go and pick weeds and pot them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
i'm just curious why you post all the new threads that you start in the "Introductions" section?

yillt

i'm just curious why you post all the new threads that you start in the "Introductions" section?
I don't know really. I think it is because they don't really fit in any other section. Do you want me to do this somewhere else? I can if you want. IM SORRY.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know really. I think it is because they don't really fit in any other section. Do you want me to do this somewhere else? I can if you want. IM SORRY.

I've moved it to where it is now...the "Enclosure" section. I've gone back through every thread you started and put each of them where they belong.

When you are thinking of starting a new thread, go to the "forum" page, scroll down to the subject you want to talk about, click on it then click on "Post new thread."

yillt

This would be in the "enclosure" section...
Thanks I have never seen the enclosure section before. Do you have any advice on the starting topic.I probably will get chucked out for telling you guys this. But I am only 11. I do look after Billy all by myself and he is happy and healthy. I have looked after him since he was born. ( so I was 9) when I first Got him. I'm sorry if such young members aren't aloud on here. Just tell me if you want me to leave. But I don't know where else to get such wonderful answers. Every day before I go to school I change Billy's water bowl, feed him and tickle his chin. When I get back he gets a long roam outside and I watch him. I made his enclosure myself with help from my uncle and I bought the stuff in it with my own money apart from the terracotta pot which is from my garden. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399744481.373309.jpg

Last edited:

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
You're doing absolutely fine. :) You've taken on much better than some other new members. I'm not a marginated person, so I cannot help with the topic, I'm sorry.

yillt

Thank you so much for understanding. Please tell Yvonne I am sorry because she is angry with me for putting all my posts in the introductions section and she isn't responding to my posts.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Yvonne isn't ignoring you, she is simply doing her moderator duties and overlooking the forum.

yillt

Ok. Thank you. Is Yvonne the site manager. I thought it was someone called jaqcui.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
There are several moderators. Jacqui and Yvonne are two of the bunch.

yillt

Ok. Are the managers just all the really experienced people. Because if so I think you should be one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh No!!! Eleven years old???? What is this world coming to. Of course, I hope you know, I'm just kidding. We have many younger members. It has been my experience that younger members, like yourself, who join the Forum, take much better care of their tortoises than younger members who don't join the Forum.

Please get rid of the notion that I'm mad at you. It is strictly an educational thing. Just trying to get you to understand where to start your new threads. I appreciate that you are trying to learn all you can about your tortoise and how to care for it. Keep up the good work! You are an asset to our Forum.

yillt

Thank you so much. I will post all my posts in the right place. Are there any other members my age? I'm so sorry.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes there are many teen-age and even younger members. We should start a category for young members. I'll ask our admin about it.

@jaketheskate is 14yr. He posts quite a bit.
@jeffstort is 13yr.

There are quite a few more, but my old brain can't bring them to the forefront right now.

yillt

I was just worried everyone will complain about me looking after such a wonderful tortoise all by myself. There probably will be an odd complaint tomorrow. But I will show them a picture of Billy chomping on the grass with his shiny healthy shell and they will know I look after him well (I hope).

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Ok. Are the managers just all the really experienced people. Because if so I think you should be one.
Mods are selected for several reasons I'm not aware of.
I'm actually rather new to the forum. I joined last July, so I'm just nearing my first year. I've had tortoises since I was 3, but didn't make them a main point of my "zoo" until recently (7 years, give or take).