Planting seeds in the garden/enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckromulus

5 Year Member
Hello all,

We are beginning the growing season here in S. Central Florida and I have a few concerns about what I plan to plant and my sullie, Cruz. Cruz is still a little guy slightly larger than the palm of my hand. These are the seeds that I have and any that you all tell me not to i will NOT plant in the parts of the garden accessible to cruz. Here's the list:

Peppers:
- Anaheim
- Ancho
- Red Cayenne
- Jalapeno M
- Hungarian Wax
Watermelon
Sunflower
Radish
Mesclun containing:
- Red Salad Bowl
- Black Seeded Simpson
- Lollo Rossa lettuces
- Raddichio
Arugula
- Mustard Mizuna
- Frisee Galia
Red Leaf Lettuce
Tomato (not going in due to toxicity)
Eggplant (not going due to toxicity)
Cucumber (planted on the outside to run along border but are the leaves/flowers ok?)

I have done plenty of research on this stuff but always find conflicting views. Of course, not with the tomato and eggplant..it is KNOWN to be toxic. In terms of the peppers...I have had peppers in the enclosure before and he seem to just not bother with them at all. However, if they are harmful to him I will not plant any this season...as you can see half of the enclosure will be cypress mulched after planting while the other half is good to go with hibiscus agave aloe and a strawberry plant that is NOT fruiting and will be moved out as soon as a planter pot opens up...
Thank you all so much in advance for sharing your expertise. I am trying to provide the best possible care for Cruz.

Attachments

• hab3.jpg
    hab3.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 51
  • hab2.jpg
    hab2.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 43
  • hab.jpg
    hab.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 36
  • hab5.jpg
    hab5.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 33

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
ck2186 said:
Hello all,

We are beginning the growing season here in S. Central Florida and I have a few concerns about what I plan to plant and my sullie, Cruz. Cruz is still a little guy slightly larger than the palm of my hand. These are the seeds that I have and any that you all tell me not to i will NOT plant in the parts of the garden accessible to cruz. Here's the list:

Peppers:
- Anaheim
- Ancho
- Red Cayenne
- Jalapeno M
- Hungarian Wax
Watermelon
Sunflower
Radish
Mesclun containing:
- Red Salad Bowl
- Black Seeded Simpson
- Lollo Rossa lettuces
- Raddichio
Arugula
- Mustard Mizuna
- Frisee Galia
Red Leaf Lettuce
Tomato (not going in due to toxicity)
Eggplant (not going due to toxicity)
Cucumber (planted on the outside to run along border but are the leaves/flowers ok?)

I have done plenty of research on this stuff but always find conflicting views. Of course, not with the tomato and eggplant..it is KNOWN to be toxic. In terms of the peppers...I have had peppers in the enclosure before and he seem to just not bother with them at all. However, if they are harmful to him I will not plant any this season...as you can see half of the enclosure will be cypress mulched after planting while the other half is good to go with hibiscus agave aloe and a strawberry plant that is NOT fruiting and will be moved out as soon as a planter pot opens up...
Thank you all so much in advance for sharing your expertise. I am trying to provide the best possible care for Cruz.

I currently have arugula, red leaf lettuce, mustard greens, spider plant and collard greens in my little sully's enclosure. I have kept them in planters and she rarely eats them but they help keep up the humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.