Planting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
OK today I planted a few seeds for the torts. I picked up a bunch of Chia seeds from Carolina Pet Supply so I started a couple of small containers of the Chia seeds. I also split a long try 50/50 with Chia seeds and a grass/clover mix I have. In another long tray I split some grass seeds with some Chia seeds. I have a nice sunny window in my bedroom so I cleared off the dresser under the window and placed a towel on top so that I could put all of the containers on top of it. I have some Nasturtium seeds, California Poppy and Dandelion seeds that I will probably start this week.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hope they do well for you. I for one have a hard time growing plants inside and no luck in or outdoors with seeds.

It's one reason I dislike this time of year. Had to bring in my favorite plants last night, before the frost came. I know I am fighting a losing battle and soon they will all die, but I do this hassle every year.

I can't have them inside, because my cats/kittens think they are toys I bring in just for them. I have this wonderful hibiscus plant that I just love. Brought it in and the youngest kittens spent the night practicing "tree climbing" techniques on it. Was fun to watch, but felt sorry for my poor plant. Wish I had somebody with windows and room for them all.:(

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
hope they do well for you.

if they are weeds, they do best with neglect...just water them once a day and thats it, dont bother mothering them...well that works with me.

So far i have this growing:
nastertiums, dandelion, clover, grass, chicory, vetch, sowthistle, more grass, pansy, hebe, trefoil and i am also growing other bits and bobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.