Plants for a Hermanns tort?

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Sorry I have t been on here over the last few months. Recently I’ve been looking into getting some plants for my tortoises enclosure because he hasn’t got any. What are the best plants for a hermanns tortoise that aren’t too big? Thanks ? ?

Attachments

• 785665A8-5A1A-4528-9294-D4F67FADB8FF.jpeg
    785665A8-5A1A-4528-9294-D4F67FADB8FF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15

Agathaade

Los Angeles
I have pothos and spider plants in my indoor enclosure. My baby hermann sniffed them at first, but left them alone after a day or two. She likes to hide under the leaves.
My enclosure is humid and warm, and I have a white light (not purple) LED grow light over the pothos.
I also have fake plants in the areas the grow light doesn’t reach.

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
United Kingdom
I have pothos and spider plants in my indoor enclosure. My baby hermann sniffed them at first, but left them alone after a day or two. She likes to hide under the leaves.
My enclosure is humid and warm, and I have a white light (not purple) LED grow light over the pothos.
I also have fake plants in the areas the grow light doesn’t reach.
Would it work without a grow light? If not, how much are grow lights typically?

Agathaade

Los Angeles
Would it work without a grow light? If not, how much are grow lights typically?
I can’t tell if it would work in your specific enclosure or not. In mine, without the grow light my plants weren’t growing well. They were surviving as far as I could tell, just barely growing.
Other plants might work better for your enclosure, I don’t know what other people do that works.
Grow light prices vary. I already had a fixture so just got a bulb. Just make sure you don’t get a pink light, white light is best so you don’t mess with the tortoise’s eyesight and how it identifies its food. I’m just repeating what I read here from more experienced keepers.

TiddlesTheTortoise2

Today is my birthday!
United Kingdom
I can’t tell if it would work in your specific enclosure or not. In mine, without the grow light my plants weren’t growing well. They were surviving as far as I could tell, just barely growing.
Other plants might work better for your enclosure, I don’t know what other people do that works.
Grow light prices vary. I already had a fixture so just got a bulb. Just make sure you don’t get a pink light, white light is best so you don’t mess with the tortoise’s eyesight and how it identifies its food. I’m just repeating what I read here from more experienced keepers.
Okay thanks, I’ll look into it a bit more :)