Plants for Russian tortoise cage? Please help.

Harry

5 Year Member
hey all

so i wana get some real plants for my tortoise cage, for some more shelter for her and so its more natural, and there any good, not to bushy plants that she wont eat? that i can put in there and can survive the hot temps?

Thanks,
Harry.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Spider plants are good (edible, but won't be your torts first choice) Crab grass :)D) Impatients, and just normal grass from the yard. As for baking them under you lights, don't put them directly under (or near) your lights. Shady/cool side is good, by the water and hide. Give the plants A LOT of water, because those lights dry stuff up fast! I recently planted grasses in my table, and they do great.

Harry

5 Year Member
Spider plants are good (edible, but won't be your torts first choice) Crab grass :)D) Impatients, and just normal grass from the yard. As for baking them under you lights, don't put them directly under (or near) your lights. Shady/cool side is good, by the water and hide. Give the plants A LOT of water, because those lights dry stuff up fast! I recently planted grasses in my table, and they do great.

Thanks very much! I went have ordered a spider plant from a flower shop! what are some good kinds of grass that i can put in with my little Russian tortoise?
Thanks,
Harry

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Edible grasses are fine :) I found that barley is quick to sprout :)