Plants for Russian Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

R114

5 Year Member
Hello, I am looking for a safe place to buy some cheap aloe plats, hen & chicks, or other succulent plants that weren't grown with fertilizer obviously. If any of you have other plants you would recommend growing for a russian tortoise please let me know! I already have plenty of seed mixes for weeds, just looking for bigger plants to mix things up.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
I know LLLReptile has some succulents that are good for tortoises, I don't know if they are grown with fertilizers though.

R114

5 Year Member
Spn785 said:
I know LLLReptile has some succulents that are good for tortoises, I don't know if they are grown with fertilizers though.

Yeah, I bought a few off there. I found a ton on amazon, but not sure if they are safe for the tortoise to eat.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
You can also plant jade for them. As for fertilizer free, if you wash the plant and repot in an organic soil, making sure there are none of those pesky white pieces that are so common in store bought soil mixes, you should be fine after a couple of weeks to get the additives out of the plant itself. Around here in the spring time the farmers market opens up on Saturdays in the park. There are always organic greens and plants for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.