Plants for shallow indoor enclosure

Beanman78

Location (City and/or State)
Madison, WI
I was wondering if there’s any plants I could use for a pretty short indoor Russians tortoise enclosure. There’s about 9’ of headroom between the substrate and the top, which has a wire ceiling.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Epipremnum aureus (pothos) is a vining plant that can withstand a wide variety of light and water/humidity conditions. Just be sure to unpot it, remove all the soil from its roots, repot it with safe soil that has no pesticides or fertilizer, and wait a few weeks. With a few waterings and spraying with plain water, it should be safe to put in the enclosure.

Beanman78

Madison, WI
Epipremnum aureus (pothos) is a vining plant that can withstand a wide variety of light and water/humidity conditions. Just be sure to unpot it, remove all the soil from its roots, repot it with safe soil that has no pesticides or fertilizer, and wait a few weeks. With a few waterings and spraying with plain water, it should be safe to put in the enclosure.
Is that safe for them to eat? I can’t find anything on edibility for tortoises

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Is that safe for them to eat? I can’t find anything on edibility for tortoises
You don't want him to eat a whole meal of it, but if he nibbles on it it's OK.

Prayer plant, spider plant, and Boston fern are good plants, but I don't know about the height issue. You can plant in pots, and sink the pot all the way into the substrate. That gives a bit more vertical space.

Have fun! ?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Beanman78

Madison, WI
Thanks for the help. My tort tends to eat anything he can, including things he can’t , so I’ll probably go for something different, but I’ll consider this too.