Plants for the red foot Tortoise indoor enclosure.

pjvalencia

Location (City and/or State)
Norway
hello everyone.

I´m new to this hobby. I live in Norway and its really cold place specially on winter. I have indoor enclosure (Terrarium) for my 2 beautiful red foot tortoise and i would like to make their place looks like their natural habitat.

So, i bought this plants from my plant shop close to my home. Can anyone tell me if all of this plants are ok for red foot tortoise enclosure and safe to eat?

Thank you very much in advance for the answers.

Attachments

• IMG_7504.jpeg
    IMG_7504.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7506.jpeg
    IMG_7506.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7508.jpeg
    IMG_7508.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7510.jpeg
    IMG_7510.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Thats ok. thank you though :)
Any pics of your tort and his enclosure?

Please make sure it's warm enough. I live in Jordan where it snows during Winter! Oli (my beloved Greek tort) does keep me worried during Winter.

Give your tort daily soaks in warm water so as to avoid dehydration and pyramiding.

Read the "Beginners Mistake" Thread and the one on Russian torts.

Good luck! :)

pjvalencia

Norway
I have 2 red foot. This pic is a week old. I dont have a new pic. i bought a proper stand so wont be standing on my kitchen.

Here in Norway its -10 C now and sometimes its colder than that.

They have heat 24/7. At day time they have like 30C and at night time its 25-27C.

Im Changing their water bowl everyday and i do spray them few time a day to keep the humidity. I bought fog machine on ebay and i think it will arrive on monday.

I will def be reading it.

Can i see yours?

thanks man. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7472.jpeg
    IMG_7472.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I have 2 red foot. This pic is a week old. I dont have a new pic. i bought a proper stand so wont be standing on my kitchen.

Here in Norway its -10 C now and sometimes its colder than that.

They have heat 24/7. At day time they have like 30C and at night time its 25-27C.

Im Changing their water bowl everyday and i do spray them few time a day to keep the humidity. I bought fog machine on ebay and i think it will arrive on monday.

I will def be reading it.

Can i see yours?

thanks man. :)
A cute tort. God bless. :):tort:

Will post pics, but please give me time to find them. Thank you. ;)

KS Ruby RF Slippers

Lafayette Indiana
hello everyone.

I´m new to this hobby. I live in Norway and its really cold place specially on winter. I have indoor enclosure (Terrarium) for my 2 beautiful red foot tortoise and i would like to make their place looks like their natural habitat.

So, i bought this plants from my plant shop close to my home. Can anyone tell me if all of this plants are ok for red foot tortoise enclosure and safe to eat?

Thank you very much in advance for the answers.
I would be concerned about the plants bought ....if there is fertilizer in the dirt ?