Plastic tote baby Greek set up help

Hemme323

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I have this tote I’m gonna make in to my little baby Ibera greeks home I’m looking for help and advice on how to set it up. I’m looking for the best heat sources and uvb set up for it and I’m looking for help on everything else to so I can give them the best in every way I can and if anyone has pics of the way they did it and pics of the stuff they use that would be great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A CHE is a great heat source. Make sure that it gets attached securely and don't trust one of those "clamp" light clamps

Attachments

• 20200131_082139.jpg
    20200131_082139.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4

Hemme323

Minnesota
I have a Che 100w but I need to get a strip uvb how do you know the size to get and how close to the ground do you want to mount it? What will be the brand to get I see a lot on the one brand that starts with a A

Hemme323

Minnesota
Will a 100w be to big and what t stats do you run to control your temps. I was reading on kapidolo farms that he mounts a tile so far above the ground and has his Che or heat sorce point at that making a hot zone instead of a basking spot is that a good idea? So it’s not as hard on there shell and thank you for all the help you have been giving me

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have a Che 100w but I need to get a strip uvb how do you know the size to get and how close to the ground do you want to mount it? What will be the brand to get I see a lot on the one brand that starts with a A
One that is close to the width of your tote or slightly longer, so you can place it on top.
A T5 type will be fine at over 20" high.

Hemme323

Minnesota
Perfect I’ll do what brand do you buy? And my tote is about 13 inches tall before I put the soil in it

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
LLL REPTILE and BIG ALS PETS sell these in different lengths.
The 5.0 light tube that comes with them would work very well. IMO.
You're going to want to raise it a bit to be about 18-20" away from the shell of your tortoise.

Attachments

• 20200219_145404.jpg
    20200219_145404.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5