Please advise me if you can

Takapuna

Location (City and/or State)
newmarket
Cooper my 6 yr old Hermann appears to be getting ready to hibernate, It's much too early middle Sept in UK although the weather has changed and is quite cold BUT he is indoors in a tortoise house with a UV basking lamp. He does have his own garden as well but just goes to sleep under his favourite bush when he's there, so I'm keeping him in. His is eating a little but then goes to bed. He has warm water bath daily to keep all his body functions working well. He doesn't appear to have urinated or passed any uric recently, but has passed faeces. He seldom eats wild plants etc, he likes sliced carrots, lettuce, water cress, rocket lettuce, radiccio. You can't force feed atortoise. PLEASE HELP .

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Make sure he gets 12 to 14 hours of 'sunlight' every day, real or artificial, increase your temps a bit and offer lots of his favourite foods. Carrots are a bit high in indigestible sugars, so I'd fees sparingly if at all.
In a couple of weeks, he should be back to normal.
Oh, and hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum. :)

Make sure he gets it artificial sunlight. Keep him indoors but give him more attention than usual this will make him more active. Be sure to give him lots of artificial sunlight though.in a few weeks he should be back to normal.

Takapuna

newmarket
Make sure he gets 12 to 14 hours of 'sunlight' every day, real or artificial, increase your temps a bit and offer lots of his favourite foods. Carrots are a bit high in indigestible sugars, so I'd fees sparingly if at all.
In a couple of weeks, he should be back to normal.
Oh, and hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum. :)

Thank you for such a speedy reply, you'll never guess what... he's done a 'tiddle' not a lot, but something...phew :)