Please advise on combined bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rramagge

5 Year Member
Hi I am thinking of getting a combined bulb but there are so many different makes all pricing differently I just don't know what's the best one to get.
Also I think I need to get a holder/reflector do I have any suggestions?

Rebecca

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Not sure what you mean. Do you mean a bulb like a mercury vapor bulb that gives off heat, light and UV all in one? If yes, then those are good for most species. I see a Russian in your avatar. Should suit a Russian fine. You'll need a large domed fixture with a ceramic base and a timer. Both can be found at Home Depot for about $20 total. Adjust the height of the bulb to get your basking spot around 100.

If your tortoise has an outdoor enclosure and gets some sunshine a few times a week, you really don't need the fancy, expensive, indoor UV bulbs and can just use a regular incandescent flood bulb when indoors for some heat.

Rramagge

5 Year Member
Hi I live in England so she gets to go out occasionally but not as much as she prob should.
Yes I was thinking of that, the one that's combined. And do u know what make is the best because are quite a few eg. Zoomed, exo terra, Arcadia and so on all costing different prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.