Please Be Careful Helping Animals Cross the Road

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
http://nbcnews.to/1UFwZmL

This lady was killed by a drunk driver as she tried to help a tort cross the road. I know I said in my "Toad ID Please" thread that I tend to not care and will 'play chicken' with cars (and have done so numerous times) in an attempt to save various animals (snappers, toads, snakes, squirrels, raccoon's, opossum, groundhogs, etc) but that doesn't mean I think everyone else should do that. I really don't want to come on here one day to everyone sad and depressed and mourning because a member was struck by a car trying to save an animal crossing the road. If you can save/help safely, please do so. If it's certain to cause your death, please try to think of another way to help that won't get you killed.

At the bottom of the article it says that people are planning on trying to raise money to help the woman's family pay funeral costs etc. If you are able to and/or live in the area, please see how you can help. This lady was a sister to all of us, in the sense that she was willing to risk her life in an attempt to save a shell-friend. Sadly, it did cost her life.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Ummmm........ OK

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
How is this humorous in any sense?
if I have to explain my sense of humor you won't get it just think of Forrest Gump and his famous quotes