Please Help!!! I don't know what to do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I took my 10 month old sulcata outside to eat some weeds and get some sun. Then I noticed him rubbing his right eye a lot. I picked him up to check him out and I noticed this red thing on his eye. I was trying to look at it but he kept rubbing. I wasn't sure what to do. I took him inside and looked at it again and the red thing was gone, but he continued to keep rubbing that same eye. So I set him in some water so he could get some water on his legs that were rubbing his eye so it would hopefully help flush whatever the problem was out. He kept rubbing and it came back. Then after watching him for a couple of minutes the red thing went away again.

I'm not sure if something got in his eye or maybe it got scratched. The last area that he was in was really grassy and I noticed on some of the grass there were little hairs coming off of it.

I'm letting him rest at the moment. But I keep going back in to check up on him. So far I haven't seen the red thing come back again. Is there anything else that I can do to help or should I let him do his thing?

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
You could try rinsing his eye with sterile saline. Maybe that would help flush it. Or keep soaking him in luke warm water.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Thank goodness he looks much better!!! I soaked him in water to see if that would do anything. Then I let him rest for the night. The next morning I checked him out and it seemed a little better, and I didn't take him outside that day because I didn't want anything to iritate it.

Now he is doing great!!! I have been taking him outside again, but I'm keeping him away from the really tall grass with the hairs on it. He can go in that area when he gets a lot bigger.

Talk about a scary situation!!!

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.