Status
Not open for further replies.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
please help , my indian star got hurt

I found him this morning with this state , overall the injury :
- right front foot and left back foot has been severely injured, he still could move it but hardly to support his body to walk
- left front foot lost 1 claw , some scale and the skin still white
- right front foot lost 2 claw , some scale and the skin turn black (probably because coco coir that I used)
- left back foot lost 1 claw and few scale
- right back foot lost few scale
- his appetite seems low (still not eating)
- got scratch near his cranial head
below is the pic:

vk9.jpg

tzdf.jpg

wx8a.jpg

what should I do to him?
I'm totally confused what to do :(

Vickie

5 Year Member
RE: please help

Oh poor baby! Maybe I would ask a vet if he has some antibiotic cream for the cuts? Especially being a turtle their bed is also their toilet even if you do clean it a lot there still might be traces in it that I am sure would be good if his cuts came into contact with it.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia

so giving some antibiotic cream and move him out from his enclosure? thx i'll do it now

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria

I would give him nice warm soaks once or twice a day, and plenty of places to hide and just feel cozy. being hurt and possibly in pain is very stressful for a tort, and lots of places to hide and get out of the world make them feel better.
How did this happen??? My personal favorite for places to hide is a little forest of fake plants.

jhongsen said:
so giving some antibiotic cream and move him out from his enclosure? thx i'll do it now

I would do the antibiotic cream... but I don't think moving him from his enclosure would be a good idea, just because he is already probably pretty stressed out, and i don't think moving him to a new enclosure would make him feel any better... I actually think it would make him even more stressed.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia

I give him some povidone iodine , that's what I got at home right now.. hope he recover soon :(

tortoise007 said:
I would give him nice warm soaks once or twice a day, and plenty of places to hide and just feel cozy. being hurt and possibly in pain is very stressful for a tort, and lots of places to hide and get out of the world make them feel better.
How did this happen??? My personal favorite for places to hide is a little forest of fake plants.

I would do the antibiotic cream... but I don't think moving him from his enclosure would be a good idea, just because he is already probably pretty stressed out, and i don't think moving him to a new enclosure would make him feel any better... I actually think it would make him even more stressed.

uhmmm I also don't know how did this happen my best guess is because the log that I set inside his enclosure , yesterday he is fine as usual but this morning ugh breaking my heart :( ,

I'm going to search an antibiotic cream hope I will find one and I still let him inside his enclosure but I arrange the set up a bit

does antibiotic for human will do the trick?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India

but how did he get hurt so severely by a log??? was he rubbing against it ?? it seems very unusual to loose claw and scale in such quantity.... i also suggest you go with the antibiotics..... cleans the wounds and apply the antibiotic cream and keep up the daily soaks......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

My guess would be a rat got to him.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia

shanu303 said:
but how did he get hurt so severely by a log??? was he rubbing against it ?? it seems very unusual to loose claw and scale in such quantity.... i also suggest you go with the antibiotics..... cleans the wounds and apply the antibiotic cream and keep up the daily soaks......

well the log posses some sharp edge but I already cover it by buried the sharp edge to the bottom but what else could it be? , I already put some antibiotic cream and yes I always give daily soaks.. , now I put him in a smaller enclosure put few greens , water dish and newspaper for the substrate to make sure the wound not get dirty, thx for the advice

Yvonne G said:

I did thought it was rat who did this but meter enclosure are quite high and I put wire on top to prevent rat.. and beside if the culprit is really rat.. how could it escape from the enclosure?

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
update meter conditions
now meter starting to eat his meal, the wounds are slowly recover
i'll post the photo later on.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
ascott said:

This was the first thing that came to mind also....is his enclosure outdoors?

The way a rat would get out is the same way it got in....

yes after several inspection I figure out it was a rat who did this, my enclosure is indoor, I only attach a wire on top to prevent rat but it looks like it doesn't work so i'm going to make a blockade on top

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Shoot.....well atleast you know the culprit now. Did you actually see the rat?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
tiff3grl said:
Shoot.....well atleast you know the culprit now. Did you actually see the rat?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

nope I never see the rat until now , and that's what makes me become more angry

kjr153 said:
Aww poor baby. Looks like it's time for a cat :)

LOL I'll try one if I got my interest in cat someday

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
new update due to his enclosure and wound

this is his wound.. , I think the wound already dried

9z77.jpg

mjyn.jpg

and due to some economic problem in my wallet so i set up the enclosure like below:

tya9.jpg

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
after intense care to his wound.. , now meter become much more better than before :D

here's some picture
hk4h.jpg

os5o.jpg

wsbf.jpg

0jx3.jpg

0j3w.jpg

in this picture , i notice that some skin on the leg become white

Status
Not open for further replies.