Please help me (eyes closed, not eating)

Dana123

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
So i bought 2 tortoises and one of em is healthy and the other one is just mot eating well and i never saw him eat but lately he had problems with like opening his eyes so I soaked him in warm water and he opened his eyes and now i see like stuff on his tail its just i cant take him to the vet i wish i could but i cant i tried everything ih i forgot to mention i tried to open his mouth before he just refuses to open i tried opening his mouth and putting a small piece or lettuce he would just spit it back out

image.jpgimage.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So i bought 2 tortoises and one of em is healthy and the other one is just mot eating well and i never saw him eat but lately he had problems with like opening his eyes so I soaked him in warm water and he opened his eyes and now i see like stuff on his tail its just i cant take him to the vet i wish i could but i cant i tried everything ih i forgot to mention i tried to open his mouth before he just refuses to open i tried opening his mouth and putting a small piece or lettuce he would just spit it back out
First thing you can do is start giving him long soaks 30min+ in lukewarm water everyday. He looks really dry. Get him hydrated. You can also mix some carrot baby food in the water when you soak him.

Dana123

Kuwait
First thing you can do is start giving him long soaks 30min+ in lukewarm water everyday. He looks really dry. Get him hydrated. You can also mix some carrot baby food in the water when you soak him.

Any other things i need to do?

Dana123

Kuwait
What about his tail when i was trying to look at it its like i was hurting him

Dana123

Kuwait
Wh
Agree with everything @Toddrickfl1 stated. Your torts need daily soaking. They should also be separated, if you are keeping them together.

Lastly - don’t try to force feed your tort. U are doing more harm than any good.

Soak! & good luck
at about his tail?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Do these guys live in a tort table inside or outside in a courtyard? Given your climate there, id probably soak every few days. It’s hot and dry with almost no humidity there, so a few soaks every week will keep your torts healthy & hydrated.

Upload some pix of your enclosures. Make sure you keep them separated.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
When he gets better should I continue soaking him everyday but for leas time?

soaks are never bad, the water needs to be pretty warm, needs to be kept warm so you may have to refresh it with more warm water if it cools down.

While they are younger daily soaking is good, as adults it is less important on a daily basis but many owners use it as a routine that helps their torts digestive system and torts can learn to defecate in their soak water, saving you some cleaning. Mine is hit and miss on doing his business in the water.

Dana123

Kuwait
Do these guys live in a tort table inside or outside in a courtyard? Given your climate there, id probably soak every few days. It’s hot and dry with almost no humidity there, so a few soaks every week will keep your torts healthy & hydrated.

Upload some pix of your enclosures. Make sure you keep them separated.
I keep them in my room its a very small room i put them under my desk they have space to walk around and i sometimes let them roam in my room for a bit

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are a couple threads in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our Forum that will do you a world of good if you read them with an open mind:

"Gerber Baby Food Soaks" - for tortoises that have stopped eating and their eyes are stuck shut

"Why to Not Keep 2 Tortoises Together - A lesson Learned the Hard Way" - one of them always comes off the loser, like yours has

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
I keep them in my room its a very small room i put them under my desk they have space to walk around and i sometimes let them roam in my room for a bit

Do they have any lighting or heating, or do they just spend all day under a dark desk and walking around an ambient temperature room?

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Water is needed. Long soaks like the others said. Do that for a few days and tell us how he/ she is.
Also, It is not safe to keep 2 tortoises together

Dana123

Kuwait
There are a couple threads in the Frequently Asked Questions section of our Forum that will do you a world of good if you read them with an open mind:

"Gerber Baby Food Soaks" - for tortoises that have stopped eating and their eyes are stuck shut

"Why to Not Keep 2 Tortoises Together - A lesson Learned the Hard Way" - one of them always comes off the loser, like yours has
Ok uh thats kinda rude but i guess???