Please help me (eyes closed, not eating)

Herman_WA

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Yeah anyways sorry i guess? but like do i give them anything else apart from lettuce that is healthy for them?
Yes, just lettuce isn't the best for them. Try adding more variety to his diet. I know with the weather it is hard to go outside and find weeds right now, but there is always grocery store greens to back you up.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Bruh chill ok i got it
Bruh? Really, you started being rude. And I am a 76 year old woman, mother, grandmother and great grandmother, not in any way shape or form "bruh". I am guessing you were raised by wolves and don't know how to act in public and obviously you don't have a clue about respect. I'm gonna go to blow up FB now. I'm done with kids
I will put you on "ignore"

TaylorTortoise

Abington
First and formost,
Can we see the enclosure & what are you feeding your guy?
He looks extremely dry. I would soak him every day for 30 minutes in a little bowl with warm water. make sure he can not drown.
You can also spray his shell with a spritzer in the tank. Can we see lighting and what type of substrate you are using?
Hydration and nutrition are going to be vital right now. As well as ambient lighting. (Proper ,UVB and heat)

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I suggest if you can't take care of your tortoise to please give it to someone else who will.

Your tortoise will die if you do not properly look into the correct way to care for a Russian tortoise. THEY need a LOT of care. They live long lives with the proper care and diet. Please follow directions on here, or search online how to care for a Russian tortoise. You need to make sure that the tortoise is not on the ground and is in a stable area as well with controlled heating conditions.

Your tortoise is going to need a vet visit to force fluids and vitamins if you can't do it yourself.
YOU don't have much time. Please hurry with proper care.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I suggest if you can't take care of your tortoise to please give it to someone else who will.

Your tortoise will die if you do not properly look into the correct way to care for a Russian tortoise. THEY need a LOT of care. They live long lives with the proper care and diet. Please follow directions on here, or search online how to care for a Russian tortoise. You need to make sure that the tortoise is not on the ground and is in a stable area as well with controlled heating conditions.

Your tortoise is going to need a vet visit to force fluids and vitamins if you can't do it yourself.
by forcing fluids and vitamins I mean if you cannot simply get the proper nutrition that already has these vitamins and nutritions for your tortoise.
There are vitamin d supplements you can sprinkle on lettuce that is safe for tortoises.
you can try santa barbra mix for your tortoise for variation.
You can get dandelion weeds from a produce junction. Please do your reasearch!
Plain lettuce is not sufficient enough.

What if the only thing you thrived on was crackers every single day? You would lack nutrition,vitamins,fiber and you would start to deteriorate as well as your tortoise.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Please, I am begging you to rehome them. I know they are cute and fun to watch but they take an enormous amount of time, money and energy in order for them to thrive. If you can’t provide what the members here are suggesting, you are abusing those poor animals. Better to rehome them now before finding one dead under your desk.

Dana123

Kuwait
by forcing fluids and vitamins I mean if you cannot simply get the proper nutrition that already has these vitamins and nutritions for your tortoise.
There are vitamin d supplements you can sprinkle on lettuce that is safe for tortoises.
you can try santa barbra mix for your tortoise for variation.
You can get dandelion weeds from a produce junction. Please do your reasearch!
Plain lettuce is not sufficient enough.

What if the only thing you thrived on was crackers every single day? You would lack nutrition,vitamins,fiber and you would start to deteriorate as well as your tortoise.
Yeah true again i cant take the tortoise to the vet thats the thing im trying to treat it at home and i AM researching about what to give it and what u cant give it

Dana123

Kuwait

I

Dana123

Kuwait

See now thats the thing i am trying but i cant take it to the vet i tried

Dana123

Kuwait
Please, I am begging you to rehome them. I know they are cute and fun to watch but they take an enormous amount of time, money and energy in order for them to thrive. If you can’t provide what the members here are suggesting, you are abusing those poor animals. Better to rehome them now before finding one dead under your desk.
Yeah i will what do they exactly need

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Yeah true again i cant take the tortoise to the vet thats the thing im trying to treat it at home and i AM researching about what to give it and what u cant give it
I understand you ARE trying to do research, but it doesn’t seem that you are able to provide the proper environment and husbandry for your tortoises. I’m not trying to be mean but all the research in the world won’t help unless you are able to provide the basics for them. Just taking them to the vet won’t help if you don’t fix the environment and care first. If you can’t afford the vet-and yes it can get expensive, please give them to someone who has the means to care for them.

Dana123

Kuwait
I understand you ARE trying to do research, but it doesn’t seem that you are able to provide the proper environment and husbandry for your tortoises. I’m not trying to be mean but all the research in the world won’t help unless you are able to provide the basics for them. Just taking them to the vet won’t help if you don’t fix the environment and care first. If you can’t afford the vet-and yes it can get expensive, please give them to someone who has the means to care for them.
Just tell me what do i need to get for them exactly

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
You tell me what the hell is rude? You ask for advice then when everybody tells you
your tortoises are sick because of you,
your tortoises need care you are NOT giving them.
your tortoises will probably because you don't seem to realize, y0u asked for help, and argued against everything. Personally, it's YOU who are rude, I don't care how young you are, if you want help. knock off the insults and pay attention.
I heart @maggie3fan