Please help my Greek Tort 🥺

Tori67

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Hi everyone! I have a Greek Tortoise named Toto. I’ve had him for about 4 years, and recently he has been acting super weird. About a week ago, I noticed he started eating less and less, still active but definitely slowing down, and sleeping more and not basking.

This is very odd behavior for him. He has always been super active, LOVES his food (always runs to it) and would be basking almost all day.

I didn’t notice any poop in his enclosure, so I have been bathing him every day, and he’s been pooping in the water (does seem to strain a bit). I have given pumpkin one night but it didn’t seem to make much of a difference.

I took him to the vet, and they cleared him with a clean bill of health. He is alert, clear eyes, nose, shell is in very good condition, strong muscles, etc. Although the vet cleared him, he is still not the same. If someone can help me that would be lovely, I’m so stressed of not getting answers and trying so many things. Below I’ll list all his husbandry:

- lives in large tortoise table, inside. has large tortoise table outside, stays out during the day in the summer
- basking spot is 95°-100°, CHE on other side about 75-80°
- substrate is a mix of potting soil, coco fiber, and peat moss
- poop has been fine until this point with him only pooping in water, (have seen some substrate been passed)

If there’s anything else I can give some information on please let me know!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Tortoise have active days and slow /sleepy/non active days. They can be impacted by the weather pressure and your not aware. Please read the care sheet and check the set up and is all OK just monitor.