PLEASE HELP!!! Rescuers needed!!!! This poor sully needs saving by an experienced rescuer!

Sam.eye.yem

5 Year Member
image.jpg A fellow member of another group shared this. This guy DESPERATELY needs a new home and the owner DEFINITELY needs a kick in behind! He is in Wisconsin. This poor baby needs an old-timer with plenty of experience.

Feel free to email the owner, I did.

Also, my fellow member is creating a GoFund and willing to drive 10 hours to pick up the tortoise. He is also willing to care for him until he can find a home and pay for shipping for whomever wants to save him. He would keep him but he is just a beginner, like myself. We are both afraid that we can not give him the proper care he needs at this point.
PLEASE HELP!!!

http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/for/5111883018.html

RayRay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
central texas
Holy crap that is terrible :(

I hope yall find a good home for the guy.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
This hurts my heart. Please link the GoFundMe when you can. I am not in a position to help any other way, but I'd donate some money to help with vet care.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
This is just painful to see, where are you at with the funding and rescue? I know I am fairly new to torts, but not in animal rescue and rehab in general, and if no one else can take him I will see what arrangements I can make to our current set-up to house him separately from Odin. I know MN is not ideal, but I can certainly give him or her better care than that!

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Oh my god :( somebody please help him. Where is he located?!

Last edited:

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
The posting is gone now, deleted by the owner, did someone save him? What's going on?

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
The person who let that tortoise get into such a sorry state should be prosecuted for animal cruelty. In a case like that, perhaps the rescuer agrees not to prosecute if the owner turns over the animal. Too late, you said.

That hurts my heart.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Unbelievable.
What sort of person couldn't have seen there was something wrong with their tortoise many years before and done something about it?
Nobody could possibly think that's fine.
Poor, poor tort.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I wish I could have him and keep him at my grandads house. He has a greenhouse and 4 acres but your so far away and it don't know how my grandad would heat him :(

Tortoise_Chick23

This tortoise has a buyer it's in August and lots of effort was put into this poor tort so as of right now that is the last update that I know about this tortoise

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would have loved taking him. I like working with special needs tortoises.

Tortoise_Chick23

Well I meant in effort as we shared this torts story on many different sites and called rescue teams also had a people offer to buy the tortoise but the seller declined. He has told the people emailing him that he has a buyer that is suppose to pick up in August and she is apart of a rescue team so all we can do is hope for the best for the torts life

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Surely the authorities should have stepped in with such an obvious case of neglect. That owner should be prosecuted.