Please help (scratching eyes, not eating)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Good. Is he dipping into the solution on his own? For how long before coming up? I'm encouraged that he pooped. Usually when a tort is at the end, vital organs begin to shut down. This is a good sign.

gabby.santana

California
Maybe he has an ear infection? I don't know but I would really consider in taking him to the vet. Sending positive vibes for a speedy inexpensive recovery!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
When you say "chomping" do you mean he's opening his mouth and closing it? Can you video it?

I'm getting concerns again. He could be gasping for air if he's opening his mouth a lot. If that's what he's doing, take him out of the solution and see if he continues to do that with his mouth!

Last edited:

gabby.santana

California
If the tortoise does have an ear infection it would make sense if it was walking around disoriented if it is pain and perhaps is experiencing different vibrations. Being soaked may mute those sounds or may be easing the pain??

Does the baby have a bump on the sides of his heads?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If the tortoise does have an ear infection it would make sense if it was walking around disoriented if it is pain and perhaps is experiencing different vibrations. Being soaked may mute those sounds or may be easing the pain??

Does the baby have a bump on the sides of his heads?
It's possible, but in the absence of bumps on the side of his head, I'm thinking he's dehydrated and has some type of temporary blindness. He can't open his eyes, and he's constantly trying to rub them.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Can you check his throat? He looks like he's gasping for air. He may have something in there. Check his outer throat too. See if you feel a lump.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Has it shows up or still not seeing anything? The top soil has some twigs and what looks like some mulch should I replace it with full Coco coir?

I think I know what's going on. Check his throat. He may have a piece of debris in his throat, like a tiny twig!