Please post photos of your indoor enclosure!

Jenni

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
If there is a university or community college near you, you might look into a naturalist that would be willing to take you out on a short field trip for plant identification purposes. Maybe offer a small fee that you could pay. Also, you could try a large garden center or your local extension service for the same type of thing. Yes fall is arriving, but maybe you could join a garden group just to learn the weeds. What gardeners hate, our tortoises typically love. Just try to take a friend along with you on any one on one trips to the woods. There are creeps out there that might try to take advantage. And take pictures of the weeds so you've got them.

I wonder if I could just take a book with me, I feel like anyone out here, that agrees to go out in the woods with me, will indeed be a creep-ola. LOL.

Jenni

Tortoise Club
Greetings chin_lee,
I live in Salem, Oregon and you are welcome to come visit me for a building party anytime convenient for you! As Jenni points out this is more a type of display furniture not just an indoor enclosure. Barbie does look very content to be the job boss as well.
What type of tortoise are you building this for? I'm very impressed with this build. You have helped to stimulate another indoor building project for me. Is the footprint of this enclosure 4'x6'?
Relax about the orientation of your photos. I'm using the iPhone app for the Forum and your photos look perfect. Maybe different for a computer though, I don't know.
Cowboy Ken

Why don't I ever get to go to the building parties?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I got in over my head trying to explain the rain system and the benefits for our baby with my girlfriend. Finally she said she'll just ask questions while I build it. LOL. That will be sometime after football season for me. I do 3-D design work on my computer so I may do that and that may help her, "get it" sooner, but right now I'm happy with what I've got. ; )

Jenni

Tortoise Club
I got in over my head trying to explain the rain system and the benefits for our baby with my girlfriend. Finally she said she'll just ask questions while I build it. LOL. That will be sometime after football season for me. I do 3-D design work on my computer so I may do that and that may help her, "get it" sooner, but right now I'm happy with what I've got. ; )

LOL! Yeah I get her, I'm definitely a visual person. Whenever I need to put something together or build something I usually look to see if there's a video available first. Rather watch the video than read the instructions.

chin_lee

5 Year Member
WA state Pacific Northwest
20170921_135853.jpg
This little girl just finished snacking on grape leaves.

20170921_140000.jpg
This ones hiding well camouflaged in the spider plant yawning away.
20170921_141213.jpg out she comes and joins her sister for mid afternoon snack
15060283998741581174838.jpg

Jenni

Tortoise Club
And so this project continues... can anyone (that's using a tub) please post photos of your lighting/heating set up? We are building sort of a "greenhouse" top to his enclosure and I'm having constant anxiety of potential fire hazards... I want to figure out that setup before we start building.

Martin Martinussen

This is how my 3 Leo's live.

Attachments

• 15068757377221013077584.jpg
    15068757377221013077584.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 57
  • 15068757782551939052318.jpg
    15068757782551939052318.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 15068757921431669136780.jpg
    15068757921431669136780.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 58

Anne L

Sarasota FL, USA
Wow, some of these are gorgeous! And very creative. My tortoise, Dently (16 year old leopard i've had since hatching) gets the whole back yard during the spring, summer, fall here in FL. In the winter, when the nights/days are too cool, he gets a kiddy pool in the living room in the house. He spent a week in the house with us this summer during hurricane Irma. He is not a fan of the pool, but it is warmer than outside and he loves to sit with us and climb on us.

chin_lee

5 Year Member
WA state Pacific Northwest
Initially it was hard to get a perspective on the size of that but after looking at this, it looks to be 4x8. is that correct?
Souptugo
I am curious as to what you are using for the walls and corner posts. Looks like some sort of diy fencing in 4 foot increments. I may be looking at doing something similar with my setup.
How deep and what type is your substrate?
What are you using as the base?

Ghazan

5 Year Member
@Souptugo curious to know what your set up is as well and it can be purchased? vinyl or wood?