Please read! trade sulcata for RF

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Hello I am looking for a red foot or yellow foot tortoise that is 100$---0$$ I am also willing to trade my one year old sulcata for a red foot or yellow foot, keep in mind I have been researching tortoises in general for 5 years and I have came to like the redfoots the most. sadly I have not found cheap redfoot tortoise so I got a sulcata to hold me off till I found a redfoot... I live on a small hobby farm which has 15 acres... I have a low paying job and I think sulcatas are expensive to keep when they are large.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello I am looking for a red foot or yellow foot tortoise that is 100$---0$$ I am also willing to trade my one year old sulcata for a red foot or yellow foot, keep in mind I have been researching tortoises in general for 5 years and I have came to like the redfoots the most. sadly I have not found cheap redfoot tortoise so I got a sulcata to hold me off till I found a redfoot... I live on a small hobby farm which has 15 acres... I have a low paying job and I think sulcatas are expensive to keep when they are large.
The initial purchase price is a pittance when compared to the cost of vet care, food and housing over the years. If you can't afford the regal price for a healthy well started baby, then will will certainly not be able to afford the vet care needed for a cheaper, possibly sub-standard baby, or the necessary housing for any tortoise as it grows.

What you did was not fair to that sulcata. What you are looking to do doesn't sound good for a RF.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A REDFOOT TORTOISE is a forest dwelling species that needs warmth and very high humidity 24/7.
It can be very difficult and expensive to house properly also.
The correct equipment is expensive.
Do your research and make sure you're not going to get in over your head.
A Redfoot can be $250-$600 depending on sex, size and coloration.
A sick Redfoot that is not kept correctly can cost thousands.

Last edited:

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
A REDFOOT TORTOISE is a forest dwelling species that needs warmth and very high humidity 24/7.
It can be very difficult and expensive to house properly also.
The correct equipment is expensive.
Did your research and make sure you're not going to get in over your head.
A Redfoot can be $250-$600 depending on sex, size and coloration.
A sick Redfoot that is not kept correctly can cost thousands.
Yeah forget it I'll just get a better job and keep my sulcata.

OliveW

Branford, FL
This is so terribly sad. 😭

@Thomas tortoise please love your Sulcata. With 15 acres, he will be so happy to just graze. We have much less land and don't spend a dime to feed ours, except when we want to. Even big, they will graze like a goat for all the food they need.