Pleaseee help Torty!!!! (cracked beak)

TwoCoffeBerry

Location (City and/or State)
Greece
Hello everyone,
I am a first time tortoise owner of a Greek tort that I received as a hatchling in late 2018. Unfortunately I've never met any other person who keeps tortoise(s), there are no nearby vets that know anything about tortoises and my local pet shops know nothing at all. Most of my information about its care is from the Internet. So please please please help me!!!!
A week ago the problem started. While giving her breakfast, I noticed that Torty had misaligned her beak to an under bite. I gently pushed her lower jaw back in and everything was fine. Some days later and while giving her a bath, I noticed a small crack on the left of her lower jaw. I pushed her jaw back in, she kept her mouth closed for minutes before opening her mouth and doing the under bite again. I took her back into her enclosure and as soon as she started eating I heard some cracking noise and of course the underbite. I tried trimming her lower beak and it was so stressful for both of us. She stopped doing the under bite after that. But the crack is still there and the noise is still there when eating.
Is it hurting her? Is it going to heal? What should I do?
I am so lost and I don't know what to do anymore and the crack is getting deeper everyday...

Please help Torty!

Torty 2.jpgTorty.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know what to do about this problem, but here is the current and correct care info:

Can we see pics of the whole tortoise? And plastron too?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a really good-looking tortoise!!

I THINK that if you gently, mildly, trim the piece of lower beak at the front of the crack to keep it inside the upper beak and to keep it from being pushed out when eating, it will give the crack a chance to grow out without continuing to crack. Also, for the time being, cut his food up so he doesn't have to stress the crack by biting.

TwoCoffeBerry

Greece
Hi Yvonne
Thank you so much for your reply and for your advice!

I will do this and hopefully this helps!!