Ploughshare , Angonoka , Yniphora

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
W0W! Those are some amazing pictures! Congrats on the baby. I wish more people could produce this highly endangered species.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
I know many who would love to ( legally as don't want any trouble ) but easy said then done ( CITES 1 )

But I love them too much to care less !!

I have enough to populate a small area if the need arise ( as quite a few blood line thus no worries about in-breeding )

Some forum has problem of member showing and discussing illegal CITES I animals .

Cheers

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice job on reproducing them, and thank you for sharing the pics with us.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Last deed for the year maybe !

More mating activity from early this month or the previous even thou some female has drop multiple clutch already !!

View attachment 21217

I follow their island home season ( May to Oct , Nov as rest mode ) just in case some are interested . Enjoy

Cheers

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Awesome animals and that first shot was especially neat with the offspring set on the gular.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emystiong said:
Last deed for the year maybe !

More mating activity from early this month or the previous even thou some female has drop multiple clutch already !!

View attachment 21217

I follow their island home season ( May to Oct , Nov as rest mode ) just in case some are interested . Enjoy

Cheers

Great picture

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
For a species in serious trouble, this is no short of a huge accomplishment or a milestone. :) I'm extremely ecstatic and grateful to find out that people are reproducing this species in captivity. I can't tell you how meaningful and inspirational the pictures are to me. I long to go to Madagascar and see wild ploughshares safe and unmolested in their natural habitat. :cool:

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
tortoises101 said:
For a species in serious trouble, this is no short of a huge accomplishment or a milestone. :) I'm extremely ecstatic and grateful to find out that people are reproducing this species in captivity. I can't tell you how meaningful and inspirational the pictures are to me. I long to go to Madagascar and see wild ploughshares safe and unmolested in their natural habitat. :cool:

Do go there , beside lacking many basic comfort a very nice place to visit - spent a few months there a year before I got my yniphoras .

Recording all information needed to keep , breed them - diet , temp. humidity ....... edible flora( for them ) in another word I am dead serious about them so don't treat me as one who just want one " rare " animal as pet !!

Cheers

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ditto as above. It very welcoming knowing that their are others out there that share the same passion an dedication to aiding the most beautiful creatures in such dire need. I look at all my animals as a gift and fortune in the beauty of mother earth and it saddens me thinking of the plight they have had do to human cause. Job well done. Glad to have you here on the forum with us.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Can u post the info you have collected. I think that this is useful information.
Like diet, temps, humidity and the edible flora?

Thanks

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Radiated said:
Can u post the info you have collected. I think that this is useful information.
Like diet, temps, humidity and the edible flora?

Thanks

Sorry i cant at least not now !! I dont want to be accused of encouraging people to keep this rare species by providing informations on keeping them in captivity !!

Cheers

View attachment 21309

2008 , 2009 , 2010 , 2011 ( 2012 still "cooking" )