Ploughshare breeding program

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That's wonderful. I sure hope they are successful with breeding!!

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
I am thrilled to hear this news! Ploughshares are one of my all time favorites in the world, and I would love to have the chance to see one in person some day. They are doing some awesome things over at Behler.

xiaobochu

10 Year Member!
SUNNY CALIFORNIA
JeffG said:
I am thrilled to hear this news! Ploughshares are one of my all time favorites in the world, and I would love to have the chance to see one in person some day. They are doing some awesome things over at Behler.

Travel to Thailand or Malaysia. I think you can see many of them!

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
xiaobochu said:
JeffG said:

Travel to Thailand or Malaysia. I think you can see many of them!

Unfortunately, that is part of the reason many species are endangered. Ironically, the fact that they exist there may be the only hope we have that they don't disappear completely from the face of the earth. It's a crazy mixed up world.

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
That was an awesome story. Too bad it's closed to the public. Just people from this forum would have a line a mile down the street to get in! :)

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
DocNezzy said:
That was an awesome story. Too bad it's closed to the public. Just people from this forum would have a line a mile down the street to get in! :)

I would love to visit that place as well (who wouldn't?), but I don't think it would be fair to destroy the last breeding hope of ploughshares for the sake of tourists.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
tortoises101 said:
DocNezzy said:

I would love to visit that place as well (who wouldn't?), but I don't think it would be fair to destroy the last breeding hope of ploughshares for the sake of tourists.

I have talked to them in the past about visiting the facility. While they do think it is best for the animals to be as "undisturbed" as possible, I got the impression that the biggest concern is actually theft. Most of the species they work with there are very expensive to buy if even available at all. It's too bad that a group doing that kind of work has to worry about people stealing their animals. They can't even be listed in the phone book or have a sign in front of the center for crying out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.