Poison Ivy Joys

BevSmith

Hello Friends,

Looks like our yard is becoming over run with poison ivy.

I need to kill it without killing all of the other plants.

My tortoise enclosures are down the hill from the ivy, so anything I put there may run down into their spaces.

I’ve read that people are using vinegar and salt. Any help is greatly appreciated. IMG_1351.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I used something last year that only killed the poison ivy. I see you have virginia creeper mixed in the ivy just like I have and it didn't kill the creeper or anything else. Tomorrow I will post a pic of the container since I can't remember the name or manufacture, It's not fast working but it does kill it.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Here's what I used. After reading everything it will kill on the label. I went and checked to see if I was mistaken about it not killing everything. Still have Virginia creeper and English ivyPicture 3151.jpg growing where it was sprayed.but no poison ivy.

BevSmith

Here's what I used. After reading everything it will kill on the label. I went and checked to see if I was mistaken about it not killing everything. Still have Virginia creeper and English ivyView attachment 238761 growing where it was sprayed.but no poison ivy.

Is this safe for the tortoises? Their pens are downhill from this.

Len B

10 Year Member!
If your not spraying directly inside the pens and the wind isn't blowing you should be ok.it doesn't take much and shouldn't be any run off into the pens. It drys on the leaves in about 2 hours and wont wash off.The safety precautions say don't let pets or people into the sprayed area until it dries.