Poop help please![emoji90]

Yoyotort

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
So my new Russian tort has been having some diarrhea the past 2 or 3 days I’ve had him. I don’t know what diet he was on at the store I got him at. but he’s had it sense the day I got him earlier this week it’s not a constant thing just once a day or less( like every other day)will it go away with proper diet? Is it from the stress of a new home? Will soaking him more often help? Please help!

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
So my new Russian tort has been having some diarrhea the past 2 or 3 days I’ve had him. I don’t know what diet he was on at the store I got him at. but he’s had it sense the day I got him earlier this week it’s not a constant thing just once a day or less( like every other day)will it go away with proper diet? Is it from the stress of a new home? Will soaking him more often help? Please help!
Have no fear there are members here who have all the answers. But just a note on my tort, Different species, but I adopted a 5 year old Sulcata and she had diarrhea/non solid poos for the first month I had her. When I got grass into her diet she began to poop like a tortoise. (Google photos if you don’t know what normals are supposed to look like). And I noticed romain and spring mix have to be random, soaced out supplements whith koopa or she gets liquid butt. Hehe

Yoyotort

Oregon
Thanks I will add some extra grass in his diet. funny thing my tortoises name is Koopa as well!

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
He probably wasn't getting much fiber plus stress. I think a better diet and just getting settled in will help. I'd soak more often just to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated though.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Russian torts don’t eat grass. He needs more dark greens, and proper diet. Please read our species spacific are for Russian torts. It will give you all the info you need for him.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum, @Yoyotort .

Any pics of your tort and his enclosure?

Don't worry - everyone is here to help you. We all began at "zero."

Torts do not like change.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome!

Yes, it is probably some combination of stress and poor diet.

Yes, it will likely go away.

Yes, it is super nervewracking for new owners! :eek:

Read the Russian care sheet pinned to the top of this subforum and get us some pictures of the enclosure so we can provide more feedback.