Poor baby George went over the rainbow bridge

LittleMrsSophieB

Location (City and/or State)
Northumberland
So as the title suggests we had the very hard and heart breaking choice to say goodbye to baby George.
We only had him for 3 weeks but ever since we got him we knew deep down that he wasn't quite right. At the start of the week he stopped eating, drinking, peeing & pooing. Friday he started with a hissy cough so we took him straight to the vet and he said the worst possible news that George was going to die either way as he was born with a lot of problems :(.
We felt so sorry for him and our poor 20month old daughter who loved him so much. We went back to the breeder with the diagnoses and she compensated us with a new tiny baby from a different clutch of eggs so we are now blessed with a new baby George II (So my daughter doesn't know)

Anyway new baby George is doing great 10x better than George the 1st, he s happy and really active eating pleantly. My only question I have is...
Is it normal for him to sleep near the heat emitter buried under the coco coir? The cool end of his table is 23°c in his little house which I tried to put him in but nope he got up and and went back and buried near his lamp? His heat emitter area is 34°c..... is he just happier there and feeling safe or do you think there is something else going on?

Attachments

• 20181117_223122.jpg
    20181117_223122.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So very sorry about your first one. Sure hope number 2 is healthy and stays that way.