Poor Craigslist Baby Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Wonder what would happen if we put all the Tort lovers and forum members on the West Coast and just started marching/driving/walking/ crawling across the entire North America until we got to the east coast, saving all the injured, uncared for and unwanted Tortoises...

Can you see this Motley collection of folks...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
drgnfly2265 said:
Tom said:
Lots of pet stores are still selling them for $150. We here on the forum, just know better.

The closest Petsupermarket near me keeps 2 "in stock" and they go for $115 each. The waterbowl has sand in the bottom of it from the babies dragging in the sand and the lettuce has sand ALL over it. Each bite they take is a mouthfull of sand with crappy lettuce :( Oh, and they dont have heat lamps on them!!!

Ok, tort rage over now :D

We have a local feed store that had all there animals removed because of horrible conditions and now they are selling them again and they always have one hatchling Sulcata for $120 and they always look so dry. I would never buy one from there because they will just get another one and it will be kept in the same conditions...

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
tyler0912 said:
i dont like craiglist or kingsnake cause i always see something i dont like!
You would just have to start in Southern UK and walk north towards Scotland...

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
You can certainly do as you please, but if you feel bad now, how will you feel, if you get it, you spend $500 in vet bills, it infects your other sulcata, and then dies anyway. This might sound extreme, but...
RuthieHurry said:
So, an update. I talked to his girlfriend, and she is pushing him to give the baby up to a good home, now that they know how they should be taken care of. My husband and I have prayed and put our trust in God to do what's best for this baby. "dmmj" we feel your pain, because for every hour we don't hear something, we're just stressed that much more. We are told that this is the way the pet store told them to take care of this baby (go figure). Our concern is that someone sees this baby and the set-up and grabs him up and continues this horrible treatment.

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
yagyujubei said:
You can certainly do as you please, but if you feel bad now, how will you feel, if you get it, you spend $500 in vet bills, it infects your other sulcata, and then dies anyway. This might sound extreme, but...
RuthieHurry said:
So, an update. I talked to his girlfriend, and she is pushing him to give the baby up to a good home, now that they know how they should be taken care of. My husband and I have prayed and put our trust in God to do what's best for this baby. "dmmj" we feel your pain, because for every hour we don't hear something, we're just stressed that much more. We are told that this is the way the pet store told them to take care of this baby (go figure). Our concern is that someone sees this baby and the set-up and grabs him up and continues this horrible treatment.

I can honestly say that if I got it, spent $500 in vet bills and it died anyway, I would feel better for giving it that chance. As far as it infecting the other sulcata, it would be irresponsible of me not to quarantine it in the first place.

arby2774

5 Year Member
The Berkshires of Massachusetts
I can't stand people who consider their pets as things rather than sentient beings. Maybe they don't think like us, but they do think. >:|

DixieParadise said:
Wonder what would happen if we put all the Tort lovers and forum members on the West Coast and just started marching/driving/walking/ crawling across the entire North America until we got to the east coast, saving all the injured, uncared for and unwanted Tortoises...

Can you see this Motley collection of folks...

We on the East coast could meet you in the middle!

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
in canada all our pet stores sell any tort for $499 plus tax i wiah i lived in the states because i would have like 500 torts and none of them would be treated poor the price diffrence for here to the u.s is crazy but torts arnt really that common here

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
RuthieHurry said:
yagyujubei said:
RuthieHurry said:

I can honestly say that if I got it, spent $500 in vet bills and it died anyway, I would feel better for giving it that chance. As far as it infecting the other sulcata, it would be irresponsible of me not to quarantine it in the first place.

Looks like I am as crazy as you! I totally agree, my poor husband just holds on for the ride ;) I hope you rescue him/her and give it a great home!

wrmitchell22 said:
RuthieHurry said:
yagyujubei said:
RuthieHurry said:

Looks like I am as crazy as you! I totally agree, my poor husband just holds on for the ride ;) I hope you rescue him/her and give it a great home!

About 6 or 7 years ago my ex and I rescued a baby guinea pig, he was really small and sick, we gave him anitbiotics 3 x a day, fed him with a syringe and kept him on a heating pad, he died after a week and a half, I have no regrets, we did everything we could for him and he was loved, if only for a short time!

Status
Not open for further replies.