popular names for Hermann's tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

j156ghs

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vail Colorado
I was wondering what are popular names for Hermann's tortoises? Mine is named "Tort Reform." Yes, it is politically motivated. ;)

I see so many names on these lists, and suspect most have to do with personal reasons, not the type or name of the creature, but if you're interested, it might be fun to read some of names.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Mines called Shelby i tried to find a good unisex name with the Shell bit in and Sheldon or Shelly was Boy/Girl names Shelby is unsex in some country lol

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I have 2 Hermanns, We called them Hermy and Popcorn. Hermy because of Hermanns, that was my Hubbys idea. It was me who choose Popcorn, I could not sleep at night and bang, it hit me, Popcorn :D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Both of the female Hermann's tortoises that have shared my life have been named Jennifer...the first had been my grandfather's pet for about 30 years, and after he passed away, mine for the next 19, and she was named for the actress Jennifer Jones (pic)

20091217_064720_jennifer_jones_2_300.jpg

Grandfather considered Jennifer Jones to be the most beautiful woman who ever lived! :cool:

My current Hermann's is named for the original Jennifer.

After inheriting the original Jennifer. I was given a male, which I named Socrates, but he had a severe Upper Respiratory problem and only lived about 2 months.

Looking to buy another female Hermann's (maybe two) in the very near future and she presmably will be named Hermione (open to suggestions for a name for Female #3)...

j156ghs

5 Year Member
Vail Colorado
Terry Allan Hall said:
Both of the female Hermann's tortoises that have shared my life have been named Jennifer...the first had been my grandfather's pet for about 30 years, and after he passed away, mine for the next 19, and she was named for the actress Jennifer Jones (pic)

20091217_064720_jennifer_jones_2_300.jpg

Grandfather considered Jennifer Jones to be the most beautiful woman who ever lived! :cool:

My current Hermann's is named for the original Jennifer.

grandad has a good eye for beauty! very cute, nice no tortoise left behind logo, too. no Hermann "Munsters" yet ... ?
After inheriting the original Jennifer. I was given a male, which I named Socrates, but he had a severe Upper Respiratory problem and only lived about 2 months.

Looking to buy another female Hermann's (maybe two) in the very near future and she presmably will be named Hermione (open to suggestions for a name for Female #3)...

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
j156ghs said:
grandad has a good eye for beauty! very cute, nice no tortoise left behind logo, too. no Hermann "Munsters" yet ... ?

Also Herman Cain (newspaper columnist, businessman, politician, and radio talk-show host from Georgia), Hermann Hesse and Herman Melville (great authors), Herman Miller (furniture designer)...even Herman's Hermits (60's pop band)...some interesting possibilties! :cool:

j156ghs

5 Year Member
Vail Colorado
Terry Allan Hall said:
j156ghs said:

Also Herman Cain (newspaper columnist, businessman, politician, and radio talk-show host from Georgia), Hermann Hesse and Herman Melville (great authors), Herman Miller (furniture designer)...even Herman's Hermits (60's pop band)...some interesting possibilties! :cool:

Pee Wee Herman or, with politically correctness run amok, why not the sex equality of Hiswomann? or genderless Itpersonn?

Is your "No Tortoise Left Behind" a copyright item or can I download and use it? It's very cute and clever. Love it.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
j156ghs said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
j156ghs said:

Pee Wee Herman or, with politically correctness run amok, why not the sex equality of Hiswomann? or genderless Itpersonn?

:rolleyes: The Ancient Gods/Goddesses spare us from Political Correctness! :rolleyes:

Is your "No Tortoise Left Behind" a copyright item or can I download and use it? It's very cute and clever. Love it.

Found it one day on Google, so help yourself...I certainly did! :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi j156ghs:

I don't think we've ever welcomed you to the forum!! May we know your name and where you're from?

j156ghs

5 Year Member
Vail Colorado
emysemys said:
Hi j156ghs:

I don't think we've ever welcomed you to the forum!! May we know your name and where you're from?

Why would anyone want to know that?! No need. But thanks for asking, I reckon.

j156ghs

5 Year Member
Vail Colorado
yagyujubei said:
It's called common courtesy.

It was a civil reply, not discourteous -- blunt, maybe, and perhaps even wise.

Your statement is so subjective: Is it common courtesy to make one's address or phone number available? Giving one's name and location essentially does that. Would you be a prude if you won't make nude personal photos available or would that offend you and make you feel uncomfortable?

I don't know who's on the list, but that's not a concern of mine. I just want to discuss tortoises and be left in peace, thank you. I wish you the same.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
j156ghs said:
Why would anyone want to know that?! No need. But thanks for asking, I reckon.

I just find it easier and friendlier to address a post to a person rather than to a user name...

Hi J156ghs: Here's my answer blah, blah, blah.

When I write a post to yagyujubei I usually start it by saying...

Hi Dennis: blah, blah, blah.

I understand that you are not comfortable giving out your name or location, and that's fine. You will always remain "j15" in my mind then because "j156hgs" is too hard to make any sense out of to remember.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
j156ghs, we're kinda like a big, happy and informal family, and nobody is likely to lay any identity theft on ya if you were to participate on the same basis as the rest of us...

That's why I post on all boards, not just this one, under my own name...everybody here is "good people" or I wouldn't likely hang here. :cool:

yagyujubei said:
Are you saying you want nude photos of me? Forget it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... :D

M

Mark5Lee

I like the name you suggested but I have two tortoise which I name Togo and Tito...they are cute. I like the name Jennifer too..it's cool one..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry Allan Hall said:

Then any male should be Montgomery (Clift).

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
emysemys said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Then any male should be Montgomery (Clift).

Hmmmm...will give that some thought. Did they make any other movies together besides INDISCRETION OF AN AMERICAN WIFE?

Thanx! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.