Portland Metro Reptile Expo

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Portland Reptile Expo...
anybody who knows me knows I like to go places by myself and I like to drive and I take my own car. My own car cuz it's more fun than most other people's... but I went to the Portland Reptile Expo yesterday with a male TFO member that I have made friends with. He wanted to take his car instead of my car and I simply just don't understand that.
My car:
100_0380.JPG
His car...
100_0382.JPG
So I have only met this guy a couple of times as he lives in a town about 40 miles from me. As most of you know I am usually very anti-social, and if I go...I drive my own very beautiful IROC-Z and I'm very critical to other's driving. BUT...I went out to Interstate 5 and parked my car alongside the highway and he was already there and I was early so that was kind of nice and the guy is younger than me, I've always liked younger men but this wasn't a date, it was a friendship let's get together and have some fun for the day and you want to know something? I actually... had... fun. When we got to the Expo we kind of separated and he did his thing and I did my thing and I walked around looking for tortoises. NO...count'em 0 tortoises, it was so crowded you just can't believe it, there was bearded dragons (I want one) and lizards and snakes and mice and all kinds of very expensive product... holy crap what happened to the Bean Farm??? It used to be just a great place to buy stuff now you have to take out a bank loan to do it. anyway...not one tortoise in the whole damn place
I almost bought Jerry Fife's book on Russian tortoises just cuz I know him, but I didn't cuz I don't have any Russians anymore. No damn tortoises... can you believe that? 80 miles from Corvallis to Portland. However the trip was fun because this was a male version of me only he was more refined.... he was funny... he had stories.. anyway he had stories like me, I listened to him... I enjoyed it ...his driving was not excellent, but it wasn't annoying either. I tried very hard not to be a passenger seat driver and I feel except for a couple times I really did pretty good and I told him one time pass fast and he did and he couldn't make it it was my fault cuz I didn't see another car so that was kind of embarrassing. Anyway I had a pretty enjoyable time with this guy, I tried not to talk too much but not talking too much is hard for me. The trip up there was fun and the trip back was fun and reptile show was really crappy.
He's like me about his picture being taken...So here he is...
100_0384.JPG
He wouldn't put the top down...probably better...
100_0381.JPG
You expected more didn't ya?!!!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I am glad you had fun. Thank goodness he had a nice car for you. LOL I can't believe there were no tortoises. Lyns likes your car!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! Sounds like it was a good outing! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I've found that about the reptile shows too: too many people and not enough tortoises. Last one I went to was in Sacramento a couple years ago and I swore no one is ever going to talk me into doing that ever again!

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
So my driving wasn't great huh? GRRRR! Probably the backseat drivers fault as usual. But somehow we managed to get there and back without dying in a flaming wreck. Maggies so antisocial she talked almost the whole trip up and back.? Never even had the radio on. Somewhat different perspective on why the show wasn't great. At least a 3rd of the tables were empty, the vendor for feeders I normally buy from was NOT there and nobody had the thermostats I'm using in the right wattage. However it WAS nice to have company for a change and glad she came up with the idea. Cannot figure why she likes In n Out burgers though? The only time I ate there my fries had the ambiance of fish?. Not a great inspiration to visit again.